Sept. 8 vs. Packers (1 Viewer)

We are getting into Milwaukee Wednesday evening and driving to Green Bay. Any suggestions for a casual latish dinner in Green Bay Wednesday?

Good question. I land in Milwaukee Wednesday morning. I hope to drive to Green Bay and tour Lambeau that afternoon. Anyone want to try to meet up together or Wednesday night?

We're arriving in Milwaukee on Wed. at 10 AM, then driving up to GB to check the area out too. We'll be spending Wed. night in Appleton (Hampton Inn), Thurs. night in GB (Ramada), Fri. night in Milwaukee (Pfister).

Everyone post your whereabouts (restaurant, hotel, etc) here in hopes that some of us can meet up!

Arriving in Milwaukee at 10:30am. Driving to Green Bay. Will try to buy tickets to the stadium tour of Lambeau that afternoon. Tickets are only sold day of and not in advance. Staying at Comfort Inn & Suites Wednesday and Thursday with the DMI travel group.
Gameday festivities are whatever comes with the travel package.
Friday = travel through Detroit with a stop in South Bend to see the Notre Dame campus.
Saturday = tailgating in Ann Arbor to watch the Michigan/Notre Dame football game in The Big House. It's the first home night game in Michigan history. Should be fun.
Sunday = drive back to Milwaukee and fly home.

Anybody need a hotel room? I've got a reservation at the Residence Inn at Appleton that I forgot to cancel when our plans fell through. If anybody wants it, let me know and I can transfer it over to you. It's $159/night for a 1br suite with a king and a sofabed.

Arriving in Milwaukee at 10:30am. Driving to Green Bay. Will try to buy tickets to the stadium tour of Lambeau that afternoon. Tickets are only sold day of and not in advance. Staying at Comfort Inn & Suites Wednesday and Thursday with the DMI travel group.
Gameday festivities are whatever comes with the travel package.
Friday = travel through Detroit with a stop in South Bend to see the Notre Dame campus.
Saturday = tailgating in Ann Arbor to watch the Michigan/Notre Dame football game in The Big House. It's the first home night game in Michigan history. Should be fun.
Sunday = drive back to Milwaukee and fly home.

I just looked at my itinerary and we arrive in Milwaukee @ 10:30 as well. Maybe we're on the same flight? Leaving N.O. @ 5:30 am (ouch), connect through Houston...Continental.

Wow, what a weekend for you! I was born in Ann Arbor and my Dad worked at U of M. I started attending games in The Big House from infancy. An unbelievable game day atmosphere everyone should experience...surreal! I didn't realize it was the first home night game ever...it'll be amazing!!

arriving thursday 150 pm in milwaukee then driving straight to gb. driving backto milwaukee on friday and flying home. its gonna be an awesome 1 day vacation. staying at microtel 2 miles from lambeau

I just looked at my itinerary and we arrive in Milwaukee @ 10:30 as well. Maybe we're on the same flight? Leaving N.O. @ 5:30 am (ouch), connect through Houston...Continental.
QUOTE]

No, we're not on the same flight. I've got a nonstop from DFW to MKE on American. Hope there are some Who Dats on my flight though.

I am really looking forward to this extending sports weekend!

We're arriving in Milwaukee on Wed. at 10 AM, then driving up to GB to check the area out too. We'll be spending Wed. night in Appleton (Hampton Inn), Thurs. night in GB (Ramada), Fri. night in Milwaukee (Pfister).

Everyone post your whereabouts (restaurant, hotel, etc) here in hopes that some of us can meet up!

My crew will be staying in Milwaukee on Friday night after the game Thursday. One of our own, my boy Stanton Moore from Galactic, is playing a gig at the Turner Hall Ballroom Friday night. I'm going to the game with his wife. You should come to the gig. It is only 3 blocks from your hotel. It's going to be fun.

Mrwhodat and I are leaving MSY at 9:35, arriving at MKE at 3:05. Planning to drive to Chicago and hang a bit there before driving to Appleton (Country Suite and Inn) for Weds and Thurs nights. Gonna attempt the Lambeau tour Friday, then down to Milwaukee for the night (still haven't booked that room though :x).

buzd:
A good place to dine is wherever you can buy me a beer :hihi:

My crew will be staying in Milwaukee on Friday night after the game Thursday. One of our own, my boy Stanton Moore from Galactic, is playing a gig at the Turner Hall Ballroom Friday night. I'm going to the game with his wife. You should come to the gig. It is only 3 blocks from your hotel. It's going to be fun.

We were looking for something to do Fri night and this does sound good, thanks!

They also have the Indian Summer Festival along the Lakefront. The food choices look good and they have fireworks at 9:30. I'm always up for checking out other's festivals!

Hey guys, the wife and I are thinking real hard about making the trip. Tickets are pretty reasonable and air fare into Milwaulkee is doable. It seems transportation from Milwaulkee to Green Bay and Hotel are hard to find. Anybody have any suggestions?? -would rather not rent a car if we don't have to. Any help is appreciated.

The wife and I will be in that number. For those who will be driving, what are the best options for parking? At one point, Brett Favre's restaurant was selling parking for $30, but those parking spots appear to be all taken. Any advice?

Hey guys, the wife and I are thinking real hard about making the trip. Tickets are pretty reasonable and air fare into Milwaulkee is doable. It seems transportation from Milwaulkee to Green Bay and Hotel are hard to find. Anybody have any suggestions?? -would rather not rent a car if we don't have to. Any help is appreciated.

<HR>
<H3>Packer Bus to Lambeau Field Home Games - Regular Season!

This is our next favorite time of year! Every bus has been selling out. Plan ahead and get your game reservations in.
Our road trip takes ALL the hassle out of driving to Green Bay and gives you a chance to nap on the way home.
http://www.saintsreport.com/forums/Restaurant/index.html Luxury Motorcoach
http://www.saintsreport.com/forums/Restaurant/index.html Includes Food & Beverage Vouchers
Includes beverages on the bus
September 8th vs. New Orleans Saints

Note: Bus will leave early - 11:00 a.m.
Motor coach departs Lambeau Field 1 hour after the game ends
$85 per person. (does not include game ticket) Payment in full due when making reservation.
Reservations call (414) 453-2410
</H3>
Catch The Bus!!!

The wife and I will be in that number. For those who will be driving, what are the best options for parking? At one point, Brett Favre's restaurant was selling parking for $30, but those parking spots appear to be all taken. Any advice?

You can just drive around the residential neighborhoods on the north and south sides of the stadium area and look for people selling spaces on their lawns. Most are in the $20 range, but the downside is it can be a lot harder to fight your way out of the traffic on your way home.

You might also be able to do the same at some of the businesses along Lombardi Avenue, but they'll probably fill up early. Just keep your eyes open while you're driving in the area, and you'll find something. It's all very informal and organic, but it always works out in the end.

Melanie & I will be travelling up from Milwaukee at 12:45 pm in order to grab some food, beverages, and get there in time to see the FREE NFL Concert where gates open at 3:15 pm. Let me know if you would both like to ride up with us as I know it's a bit early, but we never want any of our fellow Saint fans to go without a ride!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom