September 11, 2001: Where were you? (1 Viewer)

El Caliente

More than 15K posts served!
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
70002 via 92243 via 48109 via 92122 via 70119
Hard to believe that 15 years have passed since the falling of the towers by the hands of evil.

Like our parents and grandparents before us with The Bombing of Pearl Harbor, or the assassination of JFK, we all remember where we were and what we were doing. Where were you, and what were you doing? Any first responders among us have any stories to share?

Just starting my shift at Bravo restaurant on Vets. I remember being in cooler doing opening duties when someone said "pretty ****** up about the attacks eh?" Hungover and probably waked and baked I was clueless to what was happening. Went to the bar to watch news and then BAM, second plane hit.

I was getting ready for classes that day at ULL, Walton and Johnson came on saying how this wasn't a joke or a gag and then they gave the news of what had happened at the World Trade Center

3rd grade.

My teacher received a phone call from her husband and she informed us that a plane crashed in New York and we prayed. I thought it was abnormal that we were praying because a plane crashed. I didn't object to praying at all, even though this was a public school, but I just thought something was different about this. I remember her being visibly shakened by the phone call.

Shortly thereafter, my mom came and checked me out of school. I knew then that something was wrong. The next thing I remember was standing in front of that small tv at her office watching the North tower collapse. I'll never forget it. While everyone there had work to do, I don't think anyone left that tv for the rest of the day.

I was in orientation for a new job. They interrupted our class and announced what had happened. We all went to the nearest waiting room (hospital) where there was a tv. Later the administration brought a tv into our classroom as I recall. Everyone was in shock.

8th grade World Geography. Teacher got a call from his daughter that two planes had crashed in NYC, and he turned on the TV for us to watch. Then we watched live as both towers collapsed. I was checked out of school that day soon after. Watched the news at home that entire day and night.

In the gym at about 830 prior to starting work at 1000am. I noticed a crowd around one of the TVs so I walked over and said "what's up?" One of the guys said a plane had just crashed into one of the world trade center towers. As we were watching the second plane impacted the other tower.

I knew 2 things: 1) obviously this was an intentional act; and 2) this was going to be a very bad day for many, many people :(

Air Force tech school. Just finished basic training weeks before. The morning I was awarded my "rope" which meant I would march my flight to class each day. While in class one of the instructors came in to interrupt class to tell us. He was a funny instructor so we all thought it was a weird joke. By the end of the day we were all locked down and wondering what we in for.

10th grade french at carencro high. We all had no clue what the world trade center was.

Air Force also. 6 of us were out on a Mississippi farm guarding the site where a training plane had crashed a couple days prior. I got it all over the radio. I flipped through the dial making sure it wasn't a radio prank. The whole thing felt very "War of the Worlds" because of that. No tv, or images until the next day when we got pulled back to the base.

Work
1) I listened to Mike and Mike on the way in 730 Eastern and I swear they had said a plane crashed and this was 2 hours before.

2) I remember getting our tv out of storage and putting on a local channel and seeing the 2nd

3) Talking to the boss and the radio said a third crash, I just said someone got out of the wrong side of the bed.

I was in college. I dropped my girlfriend off at class that morning and when I got home I got online to check my email. My homepage had a news alert that a plane had crashed into the WTC and at the time no one knew much more than that. I turned on the news just in time to see the second plane hit. After that, the news was all over the place. I remember them originally reporting that a bomb went off at the pentagon before people realized that it was a 3rd plane. Everyone was pretty much in a panic and there was so much speculation on the news that day. I remember feeling like it was WW3.

I was at Fort Polk, LA training for an Army wide competition called, "WarFighter." I was still a Private First Class (PFC) when my team and I seen the towers fall. Then about 48 hours later my Battalion was sent Fort Myers, VA to help provide security at the Pentagon.

"NEVER FORGOTTEN"

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom