Serious Question: If Deuce Leaves? (1 Viewer)

bigcobra

Veteran Starter
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
What should we do if Deuce leaves or is unable to play. Bush does not need to be the every down back, and needs to be the hybrid guy. That leaves PT. Stecker will continue to be a third down guy. As much as i like the upside of PT, I feel we need to make another move. It absolutely killed us last year with no running threat.

what should we do.

free agency, draft etc??

i have been a strong advocate for drafting defense. but i would not mind trying to trade down, and pick up a rb later in the first round. i may be paranoid, but i dont want to see a repeat of last year.

I think we are fine with Reggie + PT, but we may add a big power back guy in the later rounds of the draft if Deuce leaves.

What should we do if Deuce leaves or is unable to play. Bush does not need to be the every down back, and needs to be the hybrid guy. That leaves PT. Stecker will continue to be a third down guy. As much as i like the upside of PT, I feel we need to make another move. It absolutely killed us last year with no running threat.

what should we do.

free agency, draft etc??

i have been a strong advocate for drafting defense. but i would not mind trying to trade down, and pick up a rb later in the first round. i may be paranoid, but i dont want to see a repeat of last year.

PICK UP SHAUN ALEXANDER. HE WILL BE AVAILABLE WITHIN TWO MONTHS.

i dont think he implied alexander was a power back

Dude, Instead of spending MORE money on RB, if the worst happens, PT will get his shot. He is the answer.

yeah to think, there are a number here that think we should grab PT's college backup in the 1st.....

Give PT his shot. I know it's almost sacreligious to say this here, but I think Deuce is done. A young healthy PT is our best option over a Deuce with 2 shot knees.

draft Forte from Tulane... built similar to Duece... looks to be a good player in the future... and no I am not a homer tulane fan.

If Deuce is with us or not the Saints will still draft a Running Back... I gaurantee that. Likely, Matt Forte will be another home favorite and learn from Deuce and he will spell PT or pass him on the depth chart if Deuce is gone. Stecker is only here to be a person we can count on especially on special teams or if someone get injured (God forbid).

imo only if Deuce is gone, but if ellis and dorsey are gone i think we should skip out on rivers and possibly drc and mclovin if they get drafted early and trade down and try to get a mid to late round cb. Get Laws with our original 2 round pick and hopefully we got a late to early 2-3 and someone like Forte is still there. I think PT is good but i just dont have a good feeling about him. Forte would be a great combo with Bush.

forget all that. all we need is my boy #25. he's going to bounce back and light a fire under our offense this year. just wait.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom