Serious relationships..... (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
I've had 2 both of which didn't work out. I'm still breaking down what exactly went wrong but that's way to complicated for a response.

Basically, I think it boils down to me not knowing myself well enough and spending too much time trying to be someone I'm not. Getting past that atm.

guidomerkinsrules

W H A T E V I R
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Live in gf in college - she was older (grad student) and probably taught me more about being a man than anyone

7 yr live in gf in NY - we were together for the first year (Columbia Heighrs then Brooklyn), but then I went on tour, then she started teaching in Rotterdam, then she joined Martha Graham, then I went to grad school— getting a teaching job in tx finally killed that relationship

This one’s epic - met her in DC during a time I was having an affair with a married/separated woman
We had an LDR for a few months that faded away
We reconnected when I moved to Tx and tried to make another LDR work - it didn’t
After 9/11 ( I had moved back to NO) we got back together again
She even moved diwn to NO for a time - we got engaged twice, but neither kept

And now my wife of 13 years

superchuck500

guarding the potatoes
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I have had three.

1. Started in college and lasted much longer than it should have. We were compatible in college but definitely not after that and I was the one that lost interest . . . I should have ended it sooner than I did, regret stringing her on.

2. The hot-but-crazy rebound from #1. Also lasted much longer than it should have (more than 3 years) - became highly toxic.

3. My wife. Our second date lasted a whole weekend. Our third date pretty much hasn't ended for going-on 14 years now.

Last edited:

Zack Lee

VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I have had three.

1. Started in college and lasted much longer than it should have. We were compatible in college but definitely not after that and I was the one that lost interest . . . I should have ended it sooner than I did, regret stringing her on.
that too is one of my greatest regrets. Twice I was in relationships that I knew would not work long before they ended. Its not that I was consciously stringing them on but had I taken the time to really look at it I would have known that was what was going on. The second time I did that, the woman wanted children and I feel horrible about not moving her towards that sooner. At the time, I wanted kids too but never would have with someone I thought to be cat shirt crazy.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Headlines

Top Bottom