Seriously, who had the Saints in last place in the NFC South on their Bingo card at the start of the season? (2 Viewers)

I was prepared for us to suck massively. But I never wanted to speak it out loud or harp on it too much.

I just didn't see a path where the New Orleans Saints could march on without Drew Brees. The fact that Drew happened to us was a miracle in the first place.

And we're supposed to barely miss a beat when he leaves? Since when are multiple, consecutive miracles bestowed upon this organization.

That was it. Drew was our glory days.

It's not over.

We are going to ruin someone's dreams before the end of this season and next year, we go back to 12 and 5 always with a chance.

Before the season started, I thought we'd be a distant second to Tampa with Carolina and Atlanta doing about what they actually are.

During the Tampa game, I started to think we had a chance to challenge for the division or at least roll the dice as a very good wild card team.

After the second loss with Siemian, I still had hope that we could make a push in the playoffs, because we played competitive ball against a very good Titans team.

Then the injuries got to the insane level that we have now, and I realized the season is over and I just hope we can find a way to beat the Bucs, Falcons and Panthers.

Seeing the injuries we have, it's not a surprise.

We were 5-2 when we were last healthy. It ended there. If we had stayed healthy and even got Thomas back and were in last place than that would have been a surprise. I don't know what people are really expecting with half our team on the trainers table.

I get tired of reading we're a "bad" team. No. We're a decimated depleted team that's not good anymore.

Seeing the injuries we have, it's not a surprise.

We were 5-2 when we were last healthy. It ended there. If we had stayed healthy and even got Thomas back and were in last place than that would have been a surprise. I don't know what people are really expecting with half our team on the trainers table.

I get tired of reading we're a "bad" team. No. We're a decimated depleted team that's not good anymore.
Yes, we are certainly a decimated team. But I find it impossible to assume that we would be a better than average team right now without all the injuries simply because we didn’t get to see our starters playing together long enough.

We can imagine that we would have improved over the last 5 losses if our guys were all healthy, but there’s really no proof until we actually see it happen long term with our starters. I feel like us fans got robbed from seeing what our real team would be like this year. 😥

Can we stop creating these threads like the Saints have fielded a healthy team that was not good enough and not a team Coach Payton had to piece together week in and week out.

I know misery loves company so we are going to see alot of negative threads from here onto the start of training camp next year (😞 going to be a long off-season) but can we stop pretending like this was not just a snake bitten team this year

Last edited:
I won't say I'm shocked.
But with who we lost on both sides of the ball before season and of course Brees, I didn't high hopes this year.
They hooked me with the Green Bay and Tampa win, but I'm done now. On to next season.

Reminds me of the 1-15 Colts team the last year of Peyton Manning’s Colts’ term when he missed the season. They were only 1-15 because they had no QB. Saints are bad because of injuries. They are a better team than their final record will indicate. Get everybody back, have good draft and bada bing back to playoffs and competing for division next year.

we still have the most division wins, fewest last places, and the four-peat

two of our bad seasons we had to play "home" away from home, and though 2005 was far worse in terms of venue, 2021 is remarkable for attrition

wait 'til next year!

I had us 7-10, 8-9, 9-8 or 10-7….right in that range cause of growing pains. This team is devastated with injuries right now. Shoot, at one point we were 5-2…I think we will need a few more seasons to get out of cap purgatory, rebuild the roster where we can afford people. Our depth is long gone…still gonna watch them though. Not gonna get upset when we lose cause I know there will be a bright future for this team as long as CSP and crew stays around.

Yes, we are certainly a decimated team. But I find it impossible to assume that we would be a better than average team right now without all the injuries simply because we didn’t get to see our starters playing together long enough.

We can imagine that we would have improved over the last 5 losses if our guys were all healthy, but there’s really no proof until we actually see it happen long term with our starters. I feel like us fans got robbed from seeing what our real team would be like this year. 😥

You think there's no proof that with Winston, Michael Thomas, Kamarra, Armstead, Peat and Ramczek all healthy we wouldn't be better than we are?

Seems preposterous to assume 100m in injured salary wouldn't be better than the mash unit, but whatever.

Can we stop creating these threads like the Saints have fielded a healthy team that was not good enough and not a team Coach Payton had to piece together week in and week out.

I know misery loves company so we are going to see alot of negative threads from here onto the start of training camp next year (😞 going to be a long off-season) but can we stop pretending like this was not just a snake bitten team this year

I'm looking forward to the off-season. Been a long time since we had a top 10 pick and from Underhill's analysis FA won't suck as bad as it did last year.

We were near the top even with a depleted receiving group. Get a starting caliber QB back and everything is groovy.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom