Seriously? One Good or One Bad game is how you pick a future QB (1 Viewer)

Succeeding a HOF QB is hard lol . Lower the expectations and enjoy the ride

Agreed. He’s a really fun player to watch, our defense might be playing better than any other unit in the league, and we have a relatively easy schedule from here on out. Maybe he’ll play well enough to win the job when Brees retires, maybe he won’t. Either way, enjoy the show.

Personally I’ve put aside the trying to figure out the future of the position. I believe our fate is in the hands of a guy that knows a lot about offense and that is good enough for me.

it’s time to be enjoying this team this year. Brees is not likely to come back next year so when he does come back (hopefully 100%) this year, it’s time to soak it all in. So let’s just soak it all in right now, we are winning. So whatever SP does to try and win games until that time is fine with me. I’ll worry about next year in February when the team also starts to in earnest.

threads like this are the result of having a true "elite" HOF as our QB for years... people want Taysom to throw like Drew & run like himself.. it ain't gonna ever happen that way. And to even use the word elite ether positive or negative with Taysom is misplaced. Taysom is doing what Taysom does, he is not going to start throwing like Drew. The question is can we win with him & the answer is yes we can. With the D playing like it is, we can still win. Now I do agree that he is not the answer to our long term needs & finding a true "franchise" QB, one that can be a contender year after year is not easy, but great organizations find ways to win with what you have. I think we can still win as is for now. I also don't know if Winston is the answer, he is no Teddy, perhaps some more time under SP, we will see.

OP: You do understand this is a forum where we log in and give our opinions regardless of what the Saints organization thinks? We've been doing it for years. That's why it's called a forum

No !? Really? Well, I'll be durned. Ya learns sumpi'n every day.

God bless Taysom. Gotta love the guy. However, he's a one read QB. And he is very hesitant on that one read. You can only mask that for so long. By this age, I'm not certain Taysom can develop into a survey the field go through the progressions QB. He surely isn't decisive when his one read is there and is very inconsistent with anticipation and trusting his WR and throwing before the break is made.

Yesterday, he didn't have to be a legit QB. I doubt Atlanta will come with the same plan; even then, Taysom was dog poo in the first half and didn't resemble a legit QB. I'm rooting for the guy, but if it gets to where the game and first seed is in question, I'm all for putting Winston on the field.
The game plan was to be conservative and IIRC there were only a couple of receivers and none open on some of his worst possessions. Denver's D isn't Bottom barrel either.

I expect him to have a slightly more open playbook in what is only his 3rd start. JW has YEARS of experience and didn't look better as a pocket passer. TH gives us the best chance to win, IMHO. I'll take it.

This war between the QB factions is tiring.
Dude. Been living in Colorado the past 30 years. Seen this before. There are still many (idiot) Bronco fans that hold a special affinity for Tim Tebow. No matter how bad of a qb he was.

There are some strikingly similar comparisons here.

Dude. Been living in Colorado the past 30 years. Seen this before. There are still many (idiot) Bronco fans that hold a special affinity for Tim Tebow. No matter how bad of a qb he was.

There are some strikingly similar comparisons here.

Yeah, I don't think it's fair to compare Taysom to Tebow just yet, the sample size is way too small and who knows? He very well could improve, it seems SP thinks he will or he wouldn't be out there....

Im comfortable in saying I dont think Loomis and SP will be comfortable with Taysom as their starter long term. But youre right, I shouldnt have an opinion.

If he continues the way he played yesterday, staring down his primary, holding the ball if the primary isnt open OR trying to force it - while other receivers are clearly open - he needs to be honest with himself. He can get washed out of the NFL trying to be a QB, or he can continue to revolutionize a position that no one has ever really done before. His position is no position. He is the Jeet Kune Do of football. No one plays ST, TE, WR, RB, QB. Theres a legacy in creating something in a league that has very little in the way of originality at this point.

I know a certain QB ***cough*** Tebow ***cough*** that was basically forgotten because he played the same style as Taysom. Had Tebow been more open to other positions, he would still be playing today.

In today's selfish too lazy to think day and time, yes! People have become spoiled and entitled. See Panther's treatment of Bridgewater.

People want to have a winning team NOW!!!

Previous owner Meacham had this issue. Firing coaches before they had a chance to build a team. It took a new owner to allow the Saints to make the 1st ever playoffs.

Sitting through a whole game to make a decision about our next QB is annoying. Typically, I like to make those decisions after the first series, maybe even after a couple of plays.

I remember the boards impression of the Sean Payton hire...
the team did alright with that one. against the message boards brightest posters.. thoughts..

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom