Seriously? One Good or One Bad game is how you pick a future QB (1 Viewer)

Look, I'll put it this way. While a layman (i.e. this board) can't know for sure how things will turn out, we can look at history and know what we are up against. I'm trying to think of a QB who has looked as bad as Taysom Hill at 30+ that turned into an elite starter and I can't think of one. That's not to say it can't happen. That's not to say he won't ball out against Atlanta (I even said I kind of expect it in my other thread). But we need to also be realistic. Hill is getting his tryout and it's not going especially well.

If that makes me a "hater" so be it, but I don't think it does.

Im comfortable in saying I dont think Loomis and SP will be comfortable with Taysom as their starter long term. But youre right, I shouldnt have an opinion.

If he continues the way he played yesterday, staring down his primary, holding the ball if the primary isnt open OR trying to force it - while other receivers are clearly open - he needs to be honest with himself. He can get washed out of the NFL trying to be a QB, or he can continue to revolutionize a position that no one has ever really done before. His position is no position. He is the Jeet Kune Do of football. No one plays ST, TE, WR, RB, QB. Theres a legacy in creating something in a league that has very little in the way of originality at this point.

Im comfortable in saying I dont think Loomis and SP will be comfortable with Taysom as their starter long term. But youre right, I shouldnt have an opinion.

If he continues the way he played yesterday, staring down his primary, holding the ball if the primary isnt open OR trying to force it - while other receivers are clearly open - he needs to be honest with himself. He can get washed out of the NFL trying to be a QB, or he can continue to revolutionize a position that no one has ever really done before. His position is no position. He is the Jeet Kune Do of football. No one plays ST, TE, WR, RB, QB. Theres a legacy in creating something in a league that has very little in the way of originality at this point.

Love the Bruce Lee reference you can also use "the way of no way" and 'be like water' to describe him.

I don't think that's how the Saints pick starters, but personally I don't care how many good or bad games Taysom has between now and then - he wouldn't be my choice for the next starting QB.

Passing records don’t mean anything. Ask Matt Ryan.

OP is right to the degree that we don't have enough information to assess whether TH will be reliable or not

just like we did not have enough information at the beginning of the year to rate Drew's arm or DA's playcalling or Cam's laziness or Latt's head casedness or DD's regression or any of the ridiculous conclusions we jumped to with a small sample of data

I'm 35 and have no idea who that is. But I take your point if he's an example.
Journeyman until he won his first Super Bowl with the Raiders at 32. Subsequently won a second Super Bowl with the Raiders. First QB to take a wildcard team to a Super Bowl victory.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom