Seriously people? (1 Viewer)

Those games wold draw maybe 6k people. If that. No one wants to support a team that isnt "theirs".

The issue is season ticket holders. Right now we're at 6500. Before Katrina, they were around 10k. If we get 3500 extra season ticket holders, all of a sudden our 12k per game average goes up to 15.5k, which isnt that bad at all.

People always point to the last year before the storm to say "Look, New Orleans didnt go to the games BEFORE the hurricane", but they often forget that was the year we were trying not to have the worst record in NBA history. The years before that the arena was packed.

I think we'll be fine next year. Because the average attendance's main numbers come from season ticket holders. And people were wary of buying season tickets this year. But if the Hornets make a serious push into the playoffs, we will see a lot more season tickets sold for next season.

What is the average price for decent seats ? When I finally get moved back I will buy season tickets to the Hornets. I already have them for the Saints..........I would actually like to upgrade my seats for the Saints.

If you get season tickets you can sit on the lower bowl behind the goal for 1000 bucks total. If you want to sit in the corners its about 44 bucks per game (around 2000) for the season.

Of course you could sit upstairs for a heck of a lot less than that.

I understand that New Orleans isn't really a basketball team and also there are so many NBA games compared to NFL. However, I have to say I am amazed that people come out in droves to watch the Saints who were, lets be honest here, an embarassment last season... but can rarely sell out a weekend game for the hottest team in the NBA. It baffles me.

If you get season tickets you can sit on the lower bowl behind the goal for 1000 bucks total. If you want to sit in the corners its about 44 bucks per game (around 2000) for the season.

Of course you could sit upstairs for a heck of a lot less than that.

1000 bucks for 40 something games ? wow.....sounds like a deal to me ! where do i sign up ?

I just dont like Basketball, when it comes too the other 3 major sports markets.... #1 NFL #2 NHL #3 MLB #4 NBA

However, I thought Byron Scott was the best choice for the Head Coaching job when the Hornets hired him..... and looks like he knows what he is doing, even after letting Davis go....

I just dont like Basketball, when it comes too the other 3 major sports markets.... #1 NFL #2 NHL #3 MLB #4 NBA

However, I thought Byron Scott was the best choice for the Head Coaching job when the Hornets hired him..... and looks like he knows what he is doing, even after letting Davis go....

If the Hornets hadn't gotten rid of Davis, we wouldn't have Chris Paul.

If I still lived in New Orleans and they were playing this well, I would definitely buy some single game tickets. I definitely don't have a couple grand sitting around to buy season tickets, but I'm sure they can split that up into packets of games. Buy like 10 game packs or 15 or whatever. I am not sure, but I would bet they do that.

What's the average attendance since we started playing so well? What's max capacity of the stadium? Have we seen any attendance increases since we started playing so poorly?

I think the logistics of getting down there is a big hinderance. It's hard to find decent parking, or you have to pay for the parking, and you have to fight the traffic, etc.

However I bet attendance will increase once New Orleans realizes this team is legit. We are not far removed from being a terrible, TERRIBLE team. A nice run in the regular season is nice, but doesn't mean a whole lot.

Plus the Hornets committed PR nightmare after the hurricane, so there's practically no trust left in this team due to their actions both on and off the court. Which is a shame. I hope they can fix it, cause it's a great thing for New Orleans.

15,000 a night should not be that hard with 200,000+ residents in NO alone, not counting the surrounding areas. This team is exciting to watch, and they're extremely young. And, Chris Paul is the best young point guard in the NBA. This team is going to leave unless the city wakes up, which is a shame. Let's face it; the Aints aren't ever going anywhere, at least not with the scrubs they have on defense.

dont come on a saints board and call them the "aints" you damn scrub...

Its a shame -- personally I think we would have been wise to let them move to OK City with the conidtion they play 10 home games in New Orleans -- New Orleans cannot support a sport that has 41 home games. What is worse is that if we lose them we look like a city that cannot support pro sports. I mean - its one thing to have 12,000 people in the seats for a losing team -- but one that is playing like the Hornets -- a crying shame --

that is a foolish statement as well. New Orleans can support this team...

Last edited:
The Hornets, this year, are likely, the best professional franchise team to play in New Orleans' history. This team could very likely bring New Orleans, this year, something that we've never experienced--a national championship. It's mind boggling why anyone that lives in this area, esp. those that have persevered for so many years with the Saints waiting on this, would not want to experience, quite possibly, a team that will give us something the Saints haven't been able to do in 42 years....A NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP PROFESSIONAL TEAM!!!! Baby, I'm on board this train. I WILL be a part of this chapter in New Orleans history. No questions.

Many people who work or live within a close enough distance to go to games during the week or weekend can't afford to go.I think most people in general do not make enough money to support their family and pay the overpriced house note or rental fees. Add in a car/truck note and other leisure activities and I think most people in the area just don't make enough money or have the time to make 41 games a year.

If I lived closer I would go. Maybe not all 41 games but at least 25-30

Thing is, I never even hear about the Hornets where I live. I forget that they're even in Louisiana. That's one of the organizations problems right there.

Also, I wish they would've changed the name to make it sound like more of our team. Change it to anything Louisiana. Heck, The New Orleans Crawfish would've been good enough. Anything.

Shinn brought this down on himself. There was NO reason whatsoever for that team to spend a second year in OKC. NONE. Why invest time or money in supporting a team whose owner pretty much has had a carte blanche from the league to haul butt the first chance he gets, regardless of the concessions the state has already given him?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Twitter

Back
    Top Bottom