Seriously, who had the Saints in last place in the NFC South on their Bingo card at the start of the season? (1 Viewer)

I had us at 7 or 8 wins... but for completely different reasons than I do now...

This is a weird flex by those who thought we'd have a down year because Brees retired.
This is true.
For the most part I thought our issues this year would mainly be to establish who would be the best guy to be QB1. There was a whole lot more to our demise than who would be taking snaps this year. :covri:

This is true.
For the most part I thought our issues this year would mainly be to establish who would be the best guy to be QB1. There was a whole lot more to our demise than who would be taking snaps this year. :covri:
This was the first season since 2017 that I was truly excited to see our offense. the '18-'20 offense bored me with its predictability.

I have this unproven theory that CSP set the season up to use the 1st TB game as JW's coming out party to throw it in the face of his former team...Sean's petty like that.

The injuries have obviously killed the season. The problem is it seems like the injury bug is never going away, with Kpassagnon and Taysom (finger, foot) being the latest examples.

If Winston doesn't go down I think we win the division. This is just personal opinion based on intuition, but I think we had key players ready to come back from injury and when Winston went down, we shut it down for the year and allowed guys to come back when they felt "ready" instead of forcing guys back.

This was the first season since 2017 that I was truly excited to see our offense. the '18-'20 offense bored me with its predictability.

I have this unproven theory that CSP set the season up to use the 1st TB game as JW's coming out party to throw it in the face of his former team...Sean's petty like that.
If that was his plan, in some ways it worked out okay. Sadly I don't think the torn ACL was part of the plan. šŸ˜¢

The injuries have obviously killed the season. The problem is it seems like the injury bug is never going away, with Kpassagnon and Taysom (finger, foot) being the latest examples.
Yep. With the exception of the wide receiver position, pass rushing and quarterbacking was the two positions we could least afford to lose. :banghead:

itā€™s just crazy to think not losing Winston and other major injuries didnā€™t kill our season because it did.
The team was playing behind the eight ball when Thomas started the season as PUP. There was never any continuity.

If that was his plan, in some ways it worked out okay. Sadly I don't think the torn ACL was part of the plan. šŸ˜¢
It happens...but now we get to sit back and for some of us pretend that injuries had nothing to do with it because they all are professionals and "collect a paycheck" and somehow attribute our record to Brees not being here anymore as the only reason why we're in last.

This is a weird flex by those who thought we'd have a down year because Brees retired.
I'm old so I don't know what "weird flex" means but I have felt for years that once Drew left we'd become one of those teams (again) that never catches a break.

That we'd revert back to who we were always meant to be. Like Detroit or Cleveland or Jacksonville.

This year it's the injuries. Next year it will be something else.

We'll always be "close" if not for XYZ šŸ˜¢

I'm old so I don't know what "weird flex" means but I have felt for years that once Drew left we'd become one of those teams (again) that never catches a break.

That we'd revert back to who we were always meant to be. Like Detroit or Cleveland or Jacksonville.

This year it's the injuries. Next year it will be something else.

We'll always be "close" if not for XYZ šŸ˜¢
I'll say this, it's a weird flex because we were well on pace to smash all of the so called "low expectations" after Brees retired prior to a particular ACL popping. This season if not for MT13 and JW being out would've been just as good as the last 4, if not better. Now that they're out/never played we get to come back after the fact and say, "I knew this'll be a down year" when it really wasn't going to be a down year.

I look at it this way, 2009 was a whole 12 years ago, its not Cowboy fan bad, but we're getting there in terms of holding on to the past, ever since then it's been, like you said "always close if not xyz"...if this season would've finished up like it started, it would've been no worse than the last couple years.

You didnā€™t even read my post before reacting to it. I said I expected the result, but not in the way it happened. You specifically completely ignored the part where I wrote ā€œNor would I have predicted the injuries.ā€?

Why the freak out?

Maybe I misunderstood, but the way it's written here makes it seem like you're still looking past the injuries which caused the issues.

I expected the team to be near the bottom of the conference, just not the way it happened. I couldnā€™t predict that weā€™d over perform against good teams and play badly against bad teams. Nor would I have predicted the injuries. But we lost a ton of talent on both sides or the ball, most of our depth and a HOF QB. This was expected by anyone being honest with themselves.

When you said "This was expected by anyone being honest with themselves" did you mean, going from leading the conference to having a losing record should have been expected after we lost QB1, RB1, and the others to injury? Because as its written, it still seems like you're attributing our current fortune to losing "most of our depth and a HOF QB". That is definitely not the reason for the Saints current issues.

I'll say this, it's a weird flex because we were well on pace to smash all of the so called "low expectations" after Brees retired prior to a particular ACL popping. This season if not for MT13 and JW being out would've been just as good as the last 4, if not better. Now that they're out/never played we get to come back after the fact and say, "I knew this'll be a down year" when it really wasn't going to be a down year.

I look at it this way, 2009 was a whole 12 years ago, its not Cowboy fan bad, but we're getting there in terms of holding on to the past, ever since then it's been, like you said "always close if not xyz"...if this season would've finished up like it started, it would've been no worse than the last couple years.
Your outlook is based in logic. Mine is based on... something else. A feeling, I guess.

Logic says that without the injuries, we would've been better. Absolutely, I agree.

But my "feeling" told me it was always going to be something.

I don't know, I can't explain it. But I promise to keep all (most) of my doom and gloom to this thread.

And during the off-season when we start to lose key players to other teams or to the law or steroids, I won't say anything. I swear.

If Winston doesn't go down I think we win the division. This is just personal opinion based on intuition, but I think we had key players ready to come back from injury and when Winston went down, we shut it down for the year and allowed guys to come back when they felt "ready" instead of forcing guys back.
I called it a couple weeks ago, I don't think we see Kamara or Davenport again this year, I think they'll shut them down as opposed to bringing them back for 5 meaningless games....if we miracle a win or two to put us in contention, maybe they'll bring 'em back, but I really don't see it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom