***Server Migration imminent. EDIT - Now Completed*** (1 Viewer)

Andrus

Owner/Webmaster
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
All...

A heads up that we will be migrating saintsreport.com from the current servers to a new server setup shortly. The current setup is now 5 years old and has some issues, so the techs at the NOC recommended migrating to a new setup ASAP.

Saintsreport will have a new IP which may require DNS changes. Depending on how quickly your ISP's update their DNS records some of you may be delayed in being on the new servers and will briefly still be seeing posts on the old server. If that happens some of your most recent posts may not show up on the new server.

DNS changes usually take less than 24 hours. It's inconvenient but necessary. We are trying to make this move as seamless as possible. Not expecting bugs or outages, but it could happen. Will let everyone know when the migration is complete.

I apologize for the inconvenience,

-Andrus

All...

A heads up that we will be migrating saintsreport.com from the current servers to a new server setup shortly. The current setup is now 5 years old and has some issues, so the techs at the NOC recommended migrating to a new setup ASAP.

Saintsreport will have a new IP which may require DNS changes. Depending on how quickly your ISP's update their DNS records some of you may be delayed in being on the new servers and will briefly still be seeing posts on the old server. If that happens some of your most recent posts may not show up on the new server.

DNS changes usually take less than 24 hours. It's inconvenient but necessary. We are trying to make this move as seamless as possible. Not expecting bugs or outages, but it could happen. Will let everyone know when the migration is complete.

I apologize for the inconvenience,

-Andrus
Will the new address be available by searching?

If 170.249.204.124 is the new IP, it looks like all of the propagation has already taken place.

Lately, it's been my experience that DNS propagation is done in less than 10 minutes these days.

Thank you @Andrus O see it’s time for another donation on my part.

Much appreciated Semper! We need all the donations we can get. We haven't had a fundraiser for the site since 2017/18. My wife keeps telling me it's well past time for another. I told her I am waiting until the season is close. Always an excuse because I don't like bothering you all with asking for funds, but sometimes I spend more than the ad & subscription revenue, especially this time of year.

Oh! I just got word that Stripe is dropping us on June 8th because they consider your site donations/subscriptions "Crowdfunding" which is now against their TOS So don't use that! I need to find another PayPal alternative for those that don't use PayPal and still want to use credit cards,

In the meantime, for those considering donating anytime soon, alternatively, you can donate directly through either

Cash App - $AndrusWhitewing
Venmo - @andrusw.
Zelle - andrus@ saintsreport.com
(without the space)

If you do so, please leave a note with your SR username so that I will know who sent it.

Also, the better alternative to 1-time donations, is if you hit the "Subscribe" link and subscribe with $4/mo or more, you won't get ads, and there are a bunch of little perks that come with being a subscriber, which are listed on the page.

I sure appreciate your support.

-Andrus
Out of curiosity, is SR running on dedicated on-prem servers somewhere, or is it in the cloud?

Dedicated. One webserver and one database server. It's through Knownhost. They are the best!

Last edited:
It looks like it's hosted by http://privatesystems.net/
Lol! No! But our privacy is protected. 😉

If 170.249.204.124 is the new IP, it looks like all of the propagation has already taken place.

Lately, it's been my experience that DNS propagation is done in less than 10 minutes these days.
That is the IP we've been on over the past 5 years.. Haven't migrated just yet. We're preparing for it.

When I get the new IP I will list it in this thread.

Some ISP's update their DNS records and propagate much faster than others.

This is the last message from the NOC on the status that came 2-hours ago:

"Hi Andrus,

Just wanted to give you another update.

The migration is going to be completed in two phases.

Phase 1: Perform migration without LIVE transfer. This will allow us to address any issues that may arise and let us test site functionality.
Phase 2: Perform final migration with LIVE transfer.

We are at phase 1 now and addressing some issues that occurred during the initial migration.

I will provide you another update when I have more information to share.

Thanks,

----------

I have a hard drive you can have! For free

One of these days I will pick that thing up. I was at Tractor Supply in Breaux Bridge a couple of weeks ago and nearly called to stop by your place, but was in too big of a hurry and want to come by when we have time to catch up.

Will the new address be available by searching?
The webserver is going to be at 170.249.221.138, however, being that SR and MAP are going to have dedicate IP's, I still don't know which IP #'s they will be assigned. I did submit a request for that info a moment ago.

More than likely, as Brandon stated, It will propagate pretty quickly (within minutes) for most people.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom