***Server Migration imminent. EDIT - Now Completed*** (1 Viewer)

I just switched to a monthly donor. I'm checking this site all day everyday, it's the least I could do.
:potd:

Less than 100 giving regularly? 😳 I believe the Falclowns are doing waaaaay better than that on their site.

Let’s git ‘er done, WhoDats! :scratch:

:gosaints:

Thanks for all the trouble Andrus. I can’t even imagine how much time you spend running this site, it’s very much appreciated.
Updated my subscription to a monthly one.

So after much planning and testing by the guys at the NOC, the second attempt at migration is going to happen Saturday at 3am CDT. Hopefully it will be over and everything running smoothly by the time you all get up in the morning. :)

Wondering why my monthly donation is lined out. Transaction went through on PayPal. Just curious. Thanks.
Screenshot_20230609_113808_Brave.jpg

Much appreciated Semper! We need all the donations we can get. We haven't had a fundraiser for the site since 2017/18. My wife keeps telling me it's well past time for another. I told her I am waiting until the season is close. Always an excuse because I don't like bothering you all with asking for funds, but sometimes I spend more than the ad & subscription revenue, especially this time of year.

Oh! I just got word that Stripe is dropping us on June 8th because they consider your site donations/subscriptions "Crowdfunding" which is now against their TOS So don't use that! I need to find another PayPal alternative for those that don't use PayPal and still want to use credit cards,

In the meantime, for those considering donating anytime soon, alternatively, you can donate directly through either Cash App - $AndrusWhitewing

or Venmo - @andrusw. If you do so, please leave a note with your SR username so that I will know who sent it.

Also, the better alternative to 1-time donations, is if you hit the "Subscribe" link and subscribe with $4/mo or more, you won't get ads, and there are a bunch of little perks that come with being a subscriber, which are listed on the page.

I sure appreciate your support.

-Andrus

Dedicated. One webserver and one database server. It's through Knownhost. They are the best!
Costs for running websites with their various technologies and plugins plus forums and e-commerce and maintaining ownership of domain names and paying for site hosting and cloud storage and backups and premium email services, etc., really add up. The charges just keep coming, sometimes monthly, sometimes yearly, and if you don’t pay up they cut off your service, just like that. I don’t think many people realize how expensive it is.

Wondering why my monthly donation is lined out. Transaction went through on PayPal. Just curious. Thanks.
Screenshot_20230609_113808_Brave.jpg
First time I see that happen. It is probably that SR's software has yet to confirm with PayPal that it went through. It will likely update it soon as I do see that it went through on PayPal's end. I'll keep an eye out and see if I can find a way to manually update it if it doesn't do so on its own soon, and thank you for your support. :9:

Any idea why I keep getting this message on this website? I was hoping it would be remedied after the migration. Windows 11. It's been ongoing for about a week now.

More info: I get that message every time I refresh the page or just go to the next page.

1686401008655.png

Last edited:
Any idea why I keep getting this message on this website? I was hoping it would be remedied after the migration. Windows 11. It's been ongoing for about a week now.

More info: I get that message every time I refresh the page or just go to the next page.

1686401008655.png

What browser are you using? I want to see if I can replicate it. There are several reasons that can happen, only I have never seen it, and it could be because I normally use Firefox.

If it isn't something that I can identify, it might also be an error that is cached in. Firefox is really bad for that. You may need to clear your saintsreport.com cookies, or even your browser cache and restart your browser.

What browser are you using? I want to see if I can replicate it. There are several reasons that can happen, only I have never seen it, and it could be because I normally use Firefox.

If it isn't something that I can identify, it might also be an error that is cached in. Firefox is really bad for that. You may need to clear your saintsreport.com cookies, or even your browser cache and restart your browser.
@Andrus Chrome

Last edited by a moderator:
Unfortunately I can't get the error to replicate using Chrome. Everything works just fine on my end. See if it happens in either Edge or Firefox. If not, then it is a Chrome issue, and likely a conflict with a Plug in.

First, Log out and log back in, which will clear your cookie and try again.

If that doesn't work, I would then try disabling any Chrome plugins one at a time and try again each time.

If that doesn't work, try clearing all of your SaintsReport.com cookies and restarting your browser.

If that fails, then clear the cookie again as well as you browser cache and restart.

If none of that works, try doing them all in a different order.

If even all that fails, pull out a hammer and smash your PC, as it's a lot less painful than pulling out all of your hair. :hihi:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom