setting the tone (1 Viewer)

saintsspurs86

there's always this year
Reaction score
as i sit here waiting for some of the camps to start, i remember a quote from Darren Sharper after his first day at camp in '09. he said on the first play of camp, Gregg Williams sent an all-out, 11 man blitz against Drew and the offense. he said thats all it took, 1 snap. everybody got it. they all understoof what that defense was about and what the attitude was. look where it got us, second in takeaways, and a Superbowl title.
what could Rob Ryan do with this massive infux of new players coming in and a massive need for an attitude adjustment to get the players attention in camp this year and help put our D back into championship caliber? who needs to step up and lead? and who's attention needs to be worked on the most?

as i sit here waiting for some of the camps to start, i remember a quote from Darren Sharper after his first day at camp in '09. he said on the first play of camp, Gregg Williams sent an all-out, 11 man blitz against Drew and the offense. he said thats all it took, 1 snap. everybody got it. they all understoof what that defense was about and what the attitude was. look where it got us, second in takeaways, and a Superbowl title.
what could Rob Ryan do with this massive infux of new players coming in and a massive need for an attitude adjustment to get the players attention in camp this year and help put our D back into championship caliber? who needs to step up and lead? and who's attention needs to be worked on the most?

Agreed X 1,000,000!!! The tone needs to be set from the beginning. I have to admit that was some psychological stuff implimented by GW. Rob Ryan needs to do the same or better.

gdub-full.gif

I want this back

once I start hearing things such as "bullies" "over aggressive" and "brawls" in regards to our defense in camp vs Our O and anybody who scrimmages us, we are set.

i'll second that with set the tone for the season also with an 2-0 start :)

I get it. Just have to do it in a different sort of way. Personally I hope coach and RR don't give anyone on defense anything...as in no depth chart, every single position is an open battle and let camp play dictate everything.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom