Several Teams Interested In Sheppard (1 Viewer)

d3vanj

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
It's only been 24 hours since the Philadelphia Eagles signed cornerback Asante Samuel, but they're already hearing from teams interested in trading for the cornerback Samuel replaced in the starting lineup.

A league source tells PFT that several teams are showing preliminary interest in trading for cornerback Lito Sheppard. Those teams include the Texans, Saints, Buccaneers, Browns, Rams and Jets.

A team can never have too many good cornerbacks, and the Eagles could choose to keep Sheppard, especially if they move right cornerback Sheldon Brown to safety. But given how much interest there is in Sheppard, it seems more likely that he'll be shipped elsewhere.

http://profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

Great news!
But having your name on PFT or Rotoworld is one thing, which is probably half because of our needs and cap room, we are assumed to be interested. I sincerly hope we are actually making a move.

Make it haPPEN LOOMIS NOW!!!!!!!!

Seriously, we really need this guy. As of now, w/ MM injured, our starters our Jason David and Jason Craft.:covri:

I am willing to take all our effort from singing Briggs to trading for this dude.

I don't see the Eagles keeping him with Samuel there now....and good to see the Saints mentioned among the interested teams.

Has anyone heard what they want for him? I would assume its a 1st but I havn't seen anything.

Do not get your hopes up

If you are the Philadelphia Eagles, do you trade Sheppard to the Saints? Hell, do you even trade him in the NFC if you can help it?

With that many teams trying to trade for him, there's little to no chance they'll move him to us unless we grossly outstrip everyone elses offer - as in #10 overall -. Which isn't going to happen.

Whats more, we have to make a decision on Randall Gay soon. Which means even if we have a shot at Sheppard, we really need to make a decision like today before Gay goes to Tampa. Because if we can't get Sheppard we need to close the deal on Gay.

Given that, and given that the Eagles also have no reason to rush this trade, again, no chance.

I would give us a 1% shot at getting Lito.

I would imagine an AFC team is going to have priority in the Shepard sweepstakes. If an NFC team makes the trade I expect that team to be on the bad side of the deal.

I would imagine an AFC team is going to have priority in the Shepard sweepstakes. If an NFC team makes the trade I expect that team to be on the bad side of the deal.

Exactly. If i'm the Eagles i'd rather take a 3rd rounder even from a team like the Browns then trade Shepperd for a 2nd rounder to a NFC contender like the Bucs or us.

Exactly. If i'm the Eagles i'd rather take a 3rd rounder even from a team like the Browns then trade Shepperd for a 2nd rounder to a NFC contender like the Bucs or us.

yea
why trade away a young up and coming corner to an NFC team that can come back and bite them in the butt in the playoffs

Of course the Browns don't have anything above a fourth this year, so they would have to do a pick in next years draft.(unless they settle for a fourth) But I get what your are saying and agree. The Eagles would not want to see Lito in the NFC.

Of course the Browns don't have anything above a fourth this year, so they would have to do a pick in next years draft.(unless they settle for a fourth) But I get what your are saying and agree. The Eagles would not want to see Lito in the NFC.

That's right, they did just trade their 3rd away for Shaun Rodgers. Didn't they give up Leigh Bodden as well? Bodden was a decent CB, seems odd to give Bodden away and then turn around and try to get Shepperd.

What is the likelihood of noone trading for him until draft day?
If it gets to the point where any need defender is a reach at 10, I wouldn't be opposed to 10 to the Eagles for Sheppard and a 3rd (possibly 2nd if they agree)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom