Several Teams Interested In Sheppard (1 Viewer)

Do not get your hopes up

If you are the Philadelphia Eagles, do you trade Sheppard to the Saints? Hell, do you even trade him in the NFC if you can help it?

With that many teams trying to trade for him, there's little to no chance they'll move him to us unless we grossly outstrip everyone elses offer - as in #10 overall -. Which isn't going to happen.

Whats more, we have to make a decision on Randall Gay soon. Which means even if we have a shot at Sheppard, we really need to make a decision like today before Gay goes to Tampa. Because if we can't get Sheppard we need to close the deal on Gay.

Given that, and given that the Eagles also have no reason to rush this trade, again, no chance.

I would give us a 1% shot at getting Lito.
Thanks o great and wise mathematician.

With that many teams trying to trade for him, there's little to no chance they'll move him to us unless we grossly outstrip everyone elses offer - as in #10 overall -. Which isn't going to happen.

Well, why not? If the Saints were going to pick a CB at #10 anyway - a definite possibility - Sheppard is a better choice. He's a young two-time Pro Bowl CB. He's injury prone, but that doesn't mean he won't be healthy.

Exactly. If i'm the Eagles i'd rather take a 3rd rounder even from a team like the Browns then trade Shepperd for a 2nd rounder to a NFC contender like the Bucs or us.

Why wouldn't the Eagles just take the best deal on the table for them as far as compensation, rather than worrying what conference he'll be in? As long as he's not in the NFC East what's the big deal? I think they would be severely limiting their trade suitors if they eliminate NFC teams, given the talent discrepancy between the two conferences. That's not worth not having to see him for a couple of years.

Why wouldn't the Eagles just take the best deal on the table for them as far as compensation, rather than worrying what conference he'll be in? As long as he's not in the NFC East what's the big deal? I think they would be severely limiting their trade suitors if they eliminate NFC teams, given the talent discrepancy between the two conferences. That's not worth not having to see him for a couple of years.

Agreed. The Eagles have traded players inside the conference all the time (Hollis Thomas..). Sheppard is much better than anyone they've traded recently, but I don't think they'll care as long as he doesn't stay in the NFCE.

I don't think we can give them a 2nd next year for Lito (we have a conditional 3rd, that could become a 2nd next year tied up in the Vilma trade). I'd offer them our 3rd this year and swap 1st this year with them for Lito at max. Lito is a young proven all-pro CB that is under contract for at least 4 years... the only concern with him is injuries... it would be a good trade IMO. But like someone already said, I doubt the Eagles would want to trade him to a NFC team that could contend this year.

Swap 1st round picks and give them our 2nd round pick. Lito is a top 5 cornerback in the league.

Swap 1st round picks and give them our 2nd round pick. Lito is a top 5 cornerback in the league.

Was thinking along the same lines. I was thinking switch 1st rd. and give a 3rd though.

Agreed. The Eagles have traded players inside the conference all the time (Hollis Thomas..). Sheppard is much better than anyone they've traded recently, but I don't think they'll care as long as he doesn't stay in the NFCE.

Not to mention their draft day trade in their own division with the Cowboys landing Spencer. It wouldn't be completely out of nowhere if they traded within their own conference.

Players and/or picks is the key

No player is bigger then improving your team. if you are goingt to trade a player you are going to do it. Just like we trading Donte to Philly. Chances of you meeting that team is a possiblity but we helped them and they helped us. That is what is all comes down to. Teams would like to move a player to a different conf. but if a team in your conference is giving you an offer you can't refuse then your going to pull the trigger. Now is he worth giving our 1st, imo no. But i could see us swapping or something to that degree. If we were to swap we still can get a great value at their spot. It is all about helping YOUR team. Now if you were trading in division is one thing. But in this case you will only see each other in the playoffs which probably means that the deal worked out on both ends, ala Stallworth trade.

just a quick question? if he is so good and young and great, why wouldn't the eagles want to keep him? why not have him and asante?

just a quick question? if he is so good and young and great, why wouldn't the eagles want to keep him? why not have him and asante?

Lito's unhappy with his contract. He's also injury prone, but that's not why they may trade him.

Also, if no one blows them away, it's possible that they keep him.

Lito is a young proven all-pro CB that is under contract for at least 4 years...

As a couple of posters already mentioned, Lito wants a new contract. And for what he's getting paid under his current one, I can't blame him.

IF......

You got a player that has missed games every season for the last couple of years and get in what U consider an upgrade then why keep him on your roster to take up cap space. I don't know there cap situation but you are going to have to sign draft picks. He counts this year i think 3.something mil against there cap and it will go up. Unless they are going to move Brown to safety, which has been rumor, teams just don't have that kinda money locked into depth players. Philly has been known to not over pay for depth players.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom