Severe Weather 2023 (1 Viewer)

Thursday is looking increasingly likely for the first legit tornado event this year. Still a ways out but worth watching.
Yeah, the DFW NWS mentions it in their AFD this morning, and also has a graphic on the home page showing the possibility. But like you said, it still needs to be watched and fine tuned as the week progresses. I hate Spring weather here.

Yeah, the DFW NWS mentions it in their AFD this morning, and also has a graphic on the home page showing the possibility. But like you said, it still needs to be watched and fine tuned as the week progresses. I hate Spring weather here.
What? You don't like hail and the sound of tornado sirens every week? Lol.

We literally have tornado siren tests every Saturday unless the weather is bad at noon.
There's testing in DFW as well, but day and time depends on the municipality. Dallas and Plano test every Wednesday at noon. Where I live, they test every 1st and 3rd Wednesday at 2pm. And testing depends on the forecast.

I don't mind hearing them when it's sunny out. :)

Yep and my storm anxiety is already ticking upward. :(

There's testing in DFW as well, but day and time depends on the municipality. Dallas and Plano test every Wednesday at noon. Where I live, they test every 1st and 3rd Wednesday at 2pm. And testing depends on the forecast.

Exactly. I don't mind them. They run for a few minutes and that's it. I work remotely and sometimes I deal with clients in other areas that are not used to the sirens but can hear them in my background and ask what it is, lol.

You know, my biggest complaint is that I use Hulu and it is tied to my IP which is registered closer to OK than DFW. So when there is critical weather alerts, I can no longer rely on WFAA, etc. I have to use another medium because the weather is different in southern OK.

Same.

Mine take place at the high school right across the street from me.

Fun times!
I bet that's loud. I can hear 2 from here at the house. Used to be if there was a tornado anywhere around all the sirens went off. Now they're more specific to the area where the storm is located.

Just seeing on the 5pm news 1 dead and 15 injured from yesterdays storms.

Quite a bit of damage across the state.

The record for February tornadoes was 6. News9 is saying 12 yesterday but I'll wait for the official assessment.

I bet that's loud. I can hear 2 from here at the house. Used to be if there was a tornado anywhere around all the sirens went off. Now they're more specific to the area where the storm is located.
It is at times. You know, it does the whole circular motion. When it's facing my house, it is. That's when people from California are like "what is that?". LOL.

It’ll be coming thru here in about 1-1.5 hours. So far it’s mostly a wind threat out towards Ft Worth. Reports of 70+mph winds. No large hail yet.

It’s coming through right now. The worst is the wind. So far no hail. Reports of at least 250k without power in the metroplex. So far we’re good. Fingers crossed.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom