Severe Weather outbreak today and tomorrow (1 Viewer)

Radio reports of damage in downtown Breckenridge. Also, storm spotters reporting about a 1/2 mile wide tornado north of Mineral Wells.

Storm moving north of Denton is the same one that started with the tornado near Abilene. This storm has been tornadic for about 5 hours now. Wow.

Storm moving north of Denton is the same one that started with the tornado near Abilene. This storm has been tornadic for about 5 hours now. Wow.

Luckily it is cycling quickly. This cell could have been historic if had not been cycling about every 30 minutes. I will have some pics from the tornado that some storm chasers got this evening before too long.

I've calmed down here for a few hours...

2.5" today, no severe weather...

Joe

looks like the worst is still on the way

Attachments

• the end.jpg
    the end.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 3
Arkansas is catching hell..

I caught fish on Bayou Des Arc, and it's been flooded for weeks, with more coming...

I'vd had good rain ... Up to 3" now...

Joe

This is turning into a heavy rain event. The low has pushed much farther north than the models projected. The good news is that this will limit the severe threat. I had planned on leaving to chase this morning but it doesn't look like tornadoes will be too much of a threat.

It's a mess around the DFW metroplex. The town of Desoto sustained quite a bit of damage, and there's also damage reported on the northern end around Allen. I was awakened by my NOAA weather radio at about 4:30 for a Tornado Watch. At the time, there was a tornado warning for northern suburbs like Carrollton and Addison. The storm producing the "tornado" was heading on a path straight for me at about 40mph. I stayed up just to be sure, but we had mostly strong winds and a light show.

Always seems to be bad weather on nights I have class... :(

It's a mess around the DFW metroplex. The town of Desoto sustained quite a bit of damage, and there's also damage reported on the northern end around Allen. I was awakened by my NOAA weather radio at about 4:30 for a Tornado Watch. At the time, there was a tornado warning for northern suburbs like Carrollton and Addison. The storm producing the "tornado" was heading on a path straight for me at about 40mph. I stayed up just to be sure, but we had mostly strong winds and a light show.

my sister in Carrollton apparently had some tornadic activity near her house. blew out some windows, ripped out some fence and roof. Damaged other nearby houses worse. I didn't get much where I am.

my sister in Carrollton apparently had some tornadic activity near her house. blew out some windows, ripped out some fence and roof. Damaged other nearby houses worse. I didn't get much where I am.

That sucks. Did she know it was coming or was it a surprise?

That sucks. Did she know it was coming or was it a surprise?

They knew bad weather was coming, but they were woken up by the howling and the house shaking

They knew bad weather was coming, but they were woken up by the howling and the house shaking

They need a NOAA weather radio. I got mine at Fry's for about $30.

Just be sure to get a programmable radio that way you aren't listening to flood warnings and severe thunderstorm warnings for counties 100 miles away at 3am.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom