SF/GB Who to pull for? Doesn’t Matter! (1 Viewer)

ilvdsnts

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
First of all we have to assume we win or else its a moot point, but assuming we do:

If GB>SF
1) GB 9-2 (NFC 6-1)
2) NO 9-2 (7-2)
3) SF 9-2 (6-2)

If SF>GB
1) SF 10-1
2) NO 9-2
3) GB 8-3

If SF/GB tie
1) SF 9-1-1
2) NO 9-2
3) GB 8-2-1

So no matter what happens we will be in the 2 spot if we win. I think long term and with the #1 seed as the goal its probably better to hope GB wins.

No, I think it's better if SF wins for long term, for a few reasons:

1. We have a head-to-head against SF. So, if we beat them, then we'll have a head-to-head tie-breaker should we end up with the same record
2. We don't have a head-to-head against GB, so it would come down to conference record in a tie-breaker with them. They have a loss to an AFC opponent; we don't. So, they have a better conference record than we do.
3. SF has a more difficult schedule remaining and are more likely to lose one of those games.
4. Most of all, in the event we don't have the #1 seed, you'd much rather SF have the #1 seed than GB. I'd rather go on the road to SF in the playoffs than GB.

Last edited:

1. We have a head-to-head against SF. So, if we beat them then, then we'll have a head-to-head tie-breaker should we end up with the same record
2. We don't have a head-to-head against GB, so it would come down to conference record in a tie-breaker with them. They have a loss to an AFC opponent; we don't. So, they have a better conference record than we do.
3. SF has a more difficult schedule and are more likely to lose one of those.
4. Most of all, in the event we don't have the #1 seed, you'd much rather SF have the #1 seed than GB. I'd rather go on the road to SF in the playoffs than GB.
Really good analysis of the situation.

1. We have a head-to-head against SF. So, if we beat them then, then we'll have a head-to-head tie-breaker should we end up with the same record
This. Assuming a saints win vs Carolina this week, a SF win puts the saints in control of their own destiny from there on out.

1. We have a head-to-head against SF. So, if we beat them, then we'll have a head-to-head tie-breaker should we end up with the same record

spot on

Always odd to me when folks look for the "easiest" road to the SB. Should be apparent to the observant that any team can beat any other team at any time.

All our team can do is win. And the best teams beat opponents regardless of circumstance.

Giants are the best example, having beaten the near-perfect Pats (XLII) and then beating them again by ekeing through the system at 9-7 (XLVI).

Last edited:
Green Bay needs to lose this weekend. Their next tough challenge will be Minnesota.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom