SF names Kapernick starting QB (1 Viewer)

Veganism doesn't work with high-contact sports. But it also goes hand-in-hand with someone more obsessed with making statements than making plays. To connect another dot, Tommie Smith was at the top of game when he made the salute on the medal stand in '68. Kaep got close to a medal stand with the Niners a few years ago, but that's about it.

So everyone that becomes a vegan only does it to make a "statement"?

You can be vegan and not lose muscle. See Arian Foster. You just need to supplement protein in every way possible because that's what you're losing from cutting out meat and dairy.

I was actually at my biggest when I was vegeterian and working out regularly.

I don't think Foster even stayed vegan a full season.

Veganism doesn't work with high-contact sports. But it also goes hand-in-hand with someone more obsessed with making statements than making plays. To connect another dot, Tommie Smith was at the top of game when he made the salute on the medal stand in '68. Kaep got close to a medal stand with the Niners a few years ago, but that's about it.

What does "making a statement" entail?
Ali became probably the most famous person on the planet - I would think he qualifies
Would you say Jesse Owens and Jackie Robinson made statements
The made a whole movie about the chariots of Fire guy
Serena makes statements on the regular
Gary Kasparov can't get out of bed without making a statement
Roberto Clemente?
1/2 the NBA including Lebron made statements last year
Tim tebow made lots and lots of statements
Megan rapinoe?
Mahmoud Abdul rauf (yes was in decline but still a great shooter)
Billie Jean King?

As long as that disrespectful piece of dung is on that team, I'll never watch a 9ers game. Not even when they're playing the Saints.

Some things are more important than football. Too many of this nation's youth, of every color, have given their lives in service of the nation he disrespects when he kneels during the anthem.

Find another way to protest, punk.

As long as that disrespectful piece of dung is on that team, I'll never watch a 9ers game. Not even when they're playing the Saints.

Some things are more important than football. Too many of this nation's youth, of every color, have given their lives in service of the nation he disrespects when he kneels during the anthem.

Sorry, but this just seems silly. It's just not that serious.

Didn't he have shoulder or pectoral surgery this past off season? That might be why he looks smaller in that picture (Depending on when it was taken).

The level of butt hurt here for a pedestrian quarterback on the edge of sinking into obscurity is ridiculous. Hasn't the protest thing been played out enough? I don't agree with the way and reasoning he's protesting, and I've always found him to be annoying; but the hatred is and always has been disproportional to the act. Where was all this when rothlisberger went through being a sexual assault artist?

Just give it a rest. Let him fade away and save your anger for something worth the energy, smh....

He's not "disrespecting" people that have given their live in service. I'll leave the rest to EE. And fake rage won't stop you from watching. You'll be watching like everyone else.

The level of butt hurt here for a pedestrian quarterback on the edge of sinking into obscurity is ridiculous. Hasn't the protest thing been played out enough? I don't agree with the way and reasoning he's protesting, and I've always found him to be annoying; but the hatred is and always has been disproportional to the act. Where was all this when rothlisberger went through being a sexual assault artist?

Just give it a rest. Let him fade away and save your anger for something worth the energy, smh....

He protested because he is a pedestrian QB but it's racist to call him a pedestrian QB because he's mobile.
Or ****, I don't know

He protested because he is a pedestrian QB but it's racist to call him a pedestrian QB because he's mobile.
Or ****, I don't know

He protested because he's not good? Or for the racial inequalities he faces/sees other people that are also black face? Why just ignore his actual reason ? That he clearly stated ? This isn't the most egregious post to reply to , but the one that is doesn't deserve a response.

Or ****, I don't know

First of all, its not racist to call him a mobile quarterback, and that certainly isn't why he's pedestrian. That aspect of his game was a main component in making him successful. He is a pedestrian quarterback at this point because he lost Jim Harbaugh's guidance, which was a huge factor in his development.

The pistol, which is the offense he ran exclusively at Nevada, doesn't teach you how to read the defense, or how to go through your downfield progressions properly. It is a run/pass option, and the run can be a pitch or a QB keeper. So, a pistol QB essentially has a coin flip type decision at the snap of the ball, and that's it.

Harbaugh was able to tailor the routes and pre-snap decisions to his strengths, and help create an environment for him to excel in. Without him, Kaepernick has regressed, and it appears that no one since has been able to engage him on an intellectual level in the film room.

Kelly's system fits what he learned in college, so he may be able to rather seamlessly run it at a high level. The next few games will show a lot.

As for the kneeling, he believes it was the best way to bring attention to a cause that he was passionate about. Many disagree with him, and that is their right, just as much as it its his to take that knee.

I will say that I've heard more national anthems being broadcast this season than at any time since 9-11, instead of going to commercial during it. So there is some tangible benefit from all of this to those who wish to show the anthem respect. Just a positive thought on the matter.

Tony Gonzalez is one example of a mostly veggie shaped diet that extended his playing career.

I dont think it takes much thought to understand CKs feelings if you just set aside your bitterness. You merely have to look back to June to see what recently passed athlete may have stirred something inside him.

But nothing ticks me off more than this forced patriotism. If this countries attitude is to bend him over like a pre-schooler and make him swear his allegiance to a flag or a song then there is something seriously wrong with this country.

The disgrace to the men like my brother who have served in wars with snipers trying to take them out is the people who want to steal the freedom from its citizens and force them to bow to a flag, a crown, or a song. The very freedom that was fought for with the richest price of blood requires no allegiance to an anthem.

If YOU want to be a patriot then YOU stand up in the bar at attention when the song comes. YOU get your tukus off the couch and stand in your HOME when the song is on TV. YOU FIRST!

He protested because he's not good? Or for the racial inequalities he faces/sees other people that are also black face? Why just ignore his actual reason ? That he clearly stated ? This isn't the most egregious post to reply to , but the one that is doesn't deserve a response.

Amendment 1

Freedom of Religion, Speech, and the Press
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion or prohibiting the free exercise thereof, or abridging the freedom of speech or of the press, or the right of the people peaceably to assemble and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

This amemendmebt is disrespectful when "certain americans use it" sarcasasm. The whole reason he takes a knee and not sit is for the troops

We just need more communication and empathy. Many Americans are too quick to dismiss another man's perspective or to ignore what it's like to walk in another man's shoes. Many Americans love to look forward without considering how the past impacts us today. How can we possibly disconnect yesterday from today? I think CK has aligned himself with the specific struggles of Black Americans and there's nothing wrong with that. The truth is, there are indeed deep, disproportionate struggles for that community. When there's more men in that community who are incarcerated today than were enslaved in 1850, I can understand why he might have a problem with paying tribute to this country. In 1970, at most 350,000 Americans incarcerated, in 2014, 2.4 million. That's not a change in behavior, that's a change in policy. A financially profitable policy for some, a new Jim Crow policy for others. Check out "13th" on Netflix and you might understand CK's perspective...perhaps not agree but it's okay not to agree. Peace...

And behind the levee we go...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom