SF vs NO history (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
I believe the 49ers have become to the saints what the Giants were to the the 49ers under Montana. One of the last games they played against new Orleans looked like the game in 1990 nfc championship where the Giants hit Montana in the back and ended his season. Both teams lost guys in this hard fought game I believe and there was another game where the 49ers Hit drew Brees in the back just like the Giants did to montana. I hope they can try to learn from these games and realize not to go for two points for no reason because they don't have smashmouth team, they are finesse. It's hard to get points on that defense so better to do it when you can. I am annoyed because they did do so well against the defense and got great runbacks and a good lead but they gotta get some stops. With so many things going their way they should have won. It worries me because the 2011 playoffs had saints and sf with same record 13-3 but SF got home field because of conference tie breaker. We need Packers and sf to lose and Seattle to win. I want SF to be 5 seed and destroy pack again and then go to no and get detroyed there.

I believe the 49ers have become to the saints what the Giants were to the the 49ers under Montana. One of the last games they played against new Orleans looked like the game in 1990 nfc championship where the Giants hit Montana in the back and ended his season. Both teams lost guys in this hard fought game I believe and there was another game where the 49ers Hit drew Brees in the back just like the Giants did to montana. I hope they can try to learn from these games and realize not to go for two points for no reason because they don't have smashmouth team, they are finesse. It's hard to get points on that defense so better to do it when you can. I am annoyed because they did do so well against the defense and got great runbacks and a good lead but they gotta get some stops. With so many things going their way they should have won. It worries me because the 2011 playoffs had saints and sf with same record 13-3 but SF got home field because of conference tie breaker. We need Packers and sf to lose and Seattle to win. I want SF to be 5 seed and destroy pack again and then go to no and get detroyed there.

That game in 90 made my young heart so happy. Beating the Niners and that blindside shot on Montana. Remember it like it was yesterday.

That game in 90 made my young heart so happy. Beating the Niners and that blindside shot on Montana. Remember it like it was yesterday.

It’s been posted here before, but the 1990 NFCCG literally changed the course of pro football history. If the Niners hang on, then Parcells perhaps stays with the Giants longer and so does Belichick.

Oh we have a 49er or Montana hater in the group. How lame. 49ers were good back then. Giants way of winning is hitting a while in the back and still 49ers had it but siefert called a dumb run up the middle where he fumbled. Stupid play call. You can just run it outside or something safe. Same thing that happened with the saints. Fumbled with Alvin kamara up the middle.

Yeah I remember that 1990 game and yes it was great to see the mighty 49ers get knocked down. I’ve said it before the 49ers are my most hated team because of those days. So many times growing up I would watch the Saints play the 49ers twice a year because we were both in the NFC West and lose a fourth quarter lead to those guys. We would go 12-4 and be a wild card because the 49ers would go 13-3. That also why i would love to see San Francisco go 12-4 and have to go into the playoffs as a wild card.

Oh we have a 49er or Montana hater in the group. How lame. 49ers were good back then. Giants way of winning is hitting a while in the back and still 49ers had it but siefert called a dumb run up the middle where he fumbled. Stupid play call. You can just run it outside or something safe. Same thing that happened with the saints. Fumbled with Alvin kamara up the middle.
And I was just getting to like you. :)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom