Shake Shack Coming To Metairie! (1 Viewer)

that's odd. I find Mooyah very greasy.

Me too. I mean, I think it's a good burger. But it's really greasy and salty.

I recently had shake shack in an airport. It really hit the spot in a sea of terrible airport options.

People in the greater NOLA area need to venture out a bit more. Desi Vega burgers blows away any of the chain joints mentioned. If we are talking strictly chain burgers, Walk Ons has a better burger and fries (waffle type), than any of the chain type fast food burger joints mentioned. Sheesh! ?

People in the greater NOLA area need to venture out a bit more. Desi Vega burgers blows away any of the chain joints mentioned. If we are talking strictly chain burgers, Walk Ons has a better burger and fries (waffle type), than any of the chain type fast food burger joints mentioned. Sheesh! ?
Heck, I like the burgers at Hooters. I didn't ... and now that it's here, still don't ... get why everyone was so excited that Shake Shack was coming. Standing in line for a burger? Naw.

I had Mooyah for the first time today and thought the burger tasted very similar to Shake Shack, but without all the nasty greasyness.

I like Mooyah .. i actually think it’s one of the better chain burgers in the NOLA area, better IMO than Lee’s or Bud’s Broiler.

I’ve only tried Shake Shack twice, both times outside of NOLA.. my problem with them is essentially the same problem i have with Company Burger (most overrated burger on the planet, btw)- which is that you can have any condiment you want, as long as it’s mayo.. i detest mayo, and at both Shake Shack and Company Burger, there is literally nothing else to put on your burger.. i’ve asked for mustard (nope, just the packets of French’s over by the straws) and bbq sauce (nope) or *anything* besides mayo.. And i was SOL.. also, cant remember if this is the case at Company, but at Shake Shack they only serve American cheese, which is nasty.. at least Mooyah offers cheddar cheese as well.

Whoever brought in Desi Vega’s in a thread about Shake Shack needs to start a new thread, that’s like comparing apples and airplanes.

In general, most burgers you get in a sit down restaurant will be better than the fast food kind. If you have the time, then that is the way to go. But sometimes during a limited lunch break or something time is an issue. In those cases I am glad to have a mid-tier option that is a step above basic fast food for when I don't have time for a Desi Vega or a Walk-Ons.

Atomic Burger has gone downhill recently. Mooyah is legit.

I’ll try Shake Shack at some point

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom