Shake Shack Coming To Metairie! (1 Viewer)

Someone (not on SR) made a comment that Atomic Burger was a local chain (New Orleans Area)..is that true?
I had Mooyah Burger and it was good..But the best burger was at Company Burger..I need one of those soon.

Not gonna lie, I was pretty disappointed the three times I have gone.

Not that they were bad, they're good, but I was expecting a bit more given the hype. I dare say I would gladly take Five Guys over it and places like Company Burger and Atomic Burger are both superior IMO.

I generally appreciate simplicity when it comes to burgers, and as far as chains go, the Shake Shack we occasionally visit is consistently good. I rank it right up there with P. Terry’s for our local chain options.

As a point of reference, I don’t think In-N-Out is good (the fries are genuinely awful), and don’t remember Five Guys being anything remarkable one way or the other.

#burgerwarsareseriousbusiness

Someone (not on SR) made a comment that Atomic Burger was a local chain (New Orleans Area)..is that true?

I think their intention has always been for it to be a chain, but as of now the Vets location is the only one. I looked it up and see they are building a second location in Baton Rouge.

I love Company Burger, but Atomic's green chile burger is my favorite burger in the metro area and their fries are crispy and flawless.

Five Guys burgers are small? Jesus, who has an average size burger??? What does it take to fill you people up? Brontosaurus burgers?

For many years the only "high end" burgers around here were from Port of Call, so I guess people think of anything less than 3/4 pound as "small".

Pretty sure Shake Shack is the best chain burger. Walk-in style (generally all better than drive through but In and Out is in discussion):
1. SS
2. Five Guys
3. Company Burger
Drive through:
1. In and Out
2. Whataburger
3. Probably some of the other chains are half decent but service and food quality is so garbage around New Orleans it's hard to mention any one else.

I generally appreciate simplicity when it comes to burgers, and as far as chains go, the Shake Shack we occasionally visit is consistently good. I rank it right up there with P. Terry’s for our local chain options.

As a point of reference, I don’t think In-N-Out is good (the fries are genuinely awful), and don’t remember Five Guys being anything remarkable one way or the other.

#burgerwarsareseriousbusiness

I have so many friends from the west coast that love this place. I genuinely wanted to love it, and tried it several times while I was out LA earlier this year. It was barely edible every time. I just don't get it. The burger was better than a McDonald's burger but what is that saying? It was okay, it was average. The fries were truly horrid. I just DON'T get it. :idunno:

When I returned and everyone was anxious to know how much I liked In-N-Out, I didn't have the courage to break it to them. I mean they love this place. I was expecting so much more from the fries in particular. "Animal style Fries, you gotta do it...guarantee you love it". I feel like they're all in on an elaborate joke, it was that bad.

I have so many friends from the west coast that love this place. I genuinely wanted to love it, and tried it several times while I was out LA earlier this year. It was barely edible every time. I just don't get it. The burger was better than a McDonald's burger but what is that saying? It was okay, it was average. The fries were truly horrid. I just DON'T get it. :idunno:

When I returned and everyone was anxious to know how much I liked In-N-Out, I didn't have the courage to break it to them. I mean they love this place. I was expecting so much more from the fries in particular. "Animal style Fries, you gotta do it...guarantee you love it". I feel like they're all in on an elaborate joke, it was that bad.

This is exactly the same for me. I don't get it.

I have so many friends from the west coast that love this place. I genuinely wanted to love it, and tried it several times while I was out LA earlier this year. It was barely edible every time. I just don't get it. The burger was better than a McDonald's burger but what is that saying? It was okay, it was average. The fries were truly horrid. I just DON'T get it.

They launched in the Austin area a few years ago and I was looking forward to trying it, also. The burgers are unremarkable even by fast food standards and it can't be stressed enough how bad the fries are. I'm not even sure how it's possible to screw up something as simple as french fries, but they've managed to do it.

Now that I'm dragging out these thoughts about fast food burger chains, I might as well give a nod to Culver's. My introduction came while living in the Cincinnati area so, admittedly, it didn't take a lot to stand out.

They launched in the Austin area a few years ago and I was looking forward to trying it, also. The burgers are unremarkable even by fast food standards and it can't be stressed enough how bad the fries are. I'm not even sure how it's possible to screw up something as simple as french fries, but they've managed to do it.

Now that I'm dragging out these thoughts about fast food burger chains, I might as well give a nod to Culver's. My introduction came while living in the Cincinnati area so, admittedly, it didn't take a lot to stand out.

They have one in Destin, and I've wanted to try it, but never have. Might have to hit it up next time.

Pretty sure Shake Shack is the best chain burger. Walk-in style (generally all better than drive through but In and Out is in discussion):
1. SS
2. Five Guys
3. Company Burger
Drive through:
1. In and Out
2. Whataburger
3. Probably some of the other chains are half decent but service and food quality is so garbage around New Orleans it's hard to mention any one else.

Company Burger is so much better than any burger yet mentioned in this entire thread. Just sayin.

I like Shake Shack a lot, would put it right behind Atomic Burger

another chain restaurant that put a local place move. how many burger places do we need people
atomic burger
five guys
mooyah
buds (da best)
lees hamburger
and all the crappy fast food ones..

and all of these are in a few mile radius !

sad that veterans is becoming main street america , banks, gas stations, fast food, and pharmacys

Had shake shack in manhatten. Very good except for the incredibly long line.
Beer, burgers, great fries and cool music...
Very very long line.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom