Shanle has been stepping up... (1 Viewer)

bdorsey23

Handle Dat
Reaction score
I know that everyone loves Scott Fujita but Shanle has had a great season so far and it seems like he is always swarming to the ball. He had 10 tackles today all solo which is very impressive.

I know that everyone loves Scott Fujita but Shanle has had a great season so far and it seems like he is always swarming to the ball. He had 10 tackles today all solo which is very impressive.

I agree. I also think Shanle is our best LB and the only one with the mean streak that the opposing players think about. Fujita has been good but he dissapears at times.

I agree. I also think Shanle is our best LB and the only one with the mean streak that the opposing players think about. Fujita has been good but he dissapears at times.

Shanle's been "consistent", but Fujita is the only "playmaker". Fujita seems to be the only one who can potentially change the course of the game via an INT or strip, etc. Shanle doesn't ever get beat, he isn't ever out of position, but I wouldn't put him over Fujita.

Fujita is kind of a weakness in coverage though. He's always in position to make a big play but just a second to late. The touchdown to Galloway, he was right there just turned around a second to late to knock it down. He's a great LB and i'm glad we have him over some of the guys we have had lately

Fujita is kind of a weakness in coverage though. He's always in position to make a big play but just a second to late. The touchdown to Galloway, he was right there just turned around a second to late to knock it down. He's a great LB and i'm glad we have him over some of the guys we have had lately

He's a linebacker (a Strongside LB at that). Cut him a little slack on being in coverage on a fast WR like Galloway to begin with. Heck it's remarkable he was even close. He's actually been very good in coverage I thought, suprisingly so. He's the only one who actually seems to make interceptions, not just let the ball bounce off both hands.

He's a linebacker (a Strongside LB at that). Cut him a little slack on being in coverage on a fast WR like Galloway to begin with. Heck it's remarkable he was even close. He's actually been very good in coverage I thought, suprisingly so. He's the only one who actually seems to make interceptions, not just let the ball bounce off both hands.

A strongside LB is the LB that is usually the guy you want to be in coverage. One of Fujita's strength's is his coverage ability and range. Where he is weak is in the downhill running game. Many times he tries to make a play and loses gap responsibility. He is still leagues better than Sedrick Hodge could even dream about being and is better than the Lb's we have had over the last few years.

Both Outside Linebackers are keepers but I think Fujita is the playmaker, he has Interceptions and Sacks and is the leader of the defense, Shanle is just as good as Fujita but doesnt cause the turnovers Fujita does, but he's always in position and making the tackle.

A strongside LB is the LB that is usually the guy you want to be in coverage. One of Fujita's strength's is his coverage ability and range. Where he is weak is in the downhill running game. Many times he tries to make a play and loses gap responsibility. He is still leagues better than Sedrick Hodge could even dream about being and is better than the Lb's we have had over the last few years.

No weakside is. Historically speaking, Strongside is your blitzer and run stopper, weakside plays space and is quicker.

That said, in today's NFL it's not much of an issue. With all of the motion and imbalanced offenses in todays NFL, the difference between a SLB and a WLB is pretty minor in most defenses. Just like you no longer have Flankers and Split-ends just XYZ recievers.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom