Shannon Sharpe re: Brett Favre "You have to be a sorry **** to steal from the underserved" (1 Viewer)

True and Vick was an active QB, the Celtics coach is the current coach, maybe the Coverage for both would have been much less if the story broke after they retired

But my cynical side says if Vick were involved in a welfare scam right now with rural Virginia it would get some play on espn
Screenshot_20220930-073151.png

Food stamps feeds kids. Wall street is full of fraud, but no one is talking sheet about them. There is no lower form of life, then someone who spends their time fretting over how poor people spend their money or how they conduct their lives.
No lower form of life than someone who makes potentially unfair judgements or criticisms?

I can think of dozens of forms of life lower than that. Particularly considering that there IS welfare fraud and abuse, at alarming levels. I spent years working with and advocating for the underserved within the community food policy environment and have seen it first hand. Denying that the abuse doesn't happen is utter clownshoe thinking and doesn't help the issue. Unfortunately these people give those who truly need assistance a bad rep.

Back to the topic at hand: if Favre crossed the line, and it appears he did, he'll rightfully be scorned forever on top of legal/financial penalties. Classic self-serving behavior by people who already "have it all". Good on Sharpe for calling it what it is.

No lower form of life than someone who makes potentially unfair judgements or criticisms?

I can think of dozens of forms of life lower than that. Particularly considering that there IS welfare fraud and abuse, at alarming levels. I spent years working with and advocating for the underserved within the community food policy environment and have seen it first hand. Denying that the abuse doesn't happen is utter clownshoe thinking and doesn't help the issue. Unfortunately these people give those who truly need assistance a bad rep.

Back to the topic at hand: if Favre crossed the line, and it appears he did, he'll rightfully be scorned forever on top of legal/financial penalties. Classic self-serving behavior by people who already "have it all". Good on Sharpe for calling it what it is.

‘Alarming levels’
Some people are very sensitive and can get overly alarmed at rare occurrences
Never let the perfect be the enemy of the good

Nothing unfair about it!! I stand by what I said Bret Farve was trash, still is trash, and should go to jail for what he did. Welfare fraud is no larger a problem then governmental (welfare) fraud in general, ........farmers, oil companies, and coperations.

Particularly considering that there IS welfare fraud and abuse, at alarming levels.
You just don't know what you are talking about, or can't do a simple google search.

Fraud, overpayments and underpayments in all assistance programs cost federal and state governments about $136.7 billion in 2015, out of about $2.8 trillion spent in assistance overall.

The levels of welfare fraud is probably about the same as it is for "voter fraud."

IMO, I think the numbers are slightly higher for welfare fraud compared to voter fraud by not by a significant margin.
Improper welfare payments (which include fraud and welfare abuse) account for about 15% of all welfare payments. Those are mostly in the arena of Medicaid.

Cases of voter fraud are substantially less frequent than cases of welfare fraud, as fraudulent vote rates are somewhere b/w .0003% and .0025%.

Do people really believe that charities ran by rich people and celebrites actually do what they are supposed to? They are just ways for them to launder money...

I think most folks realize that they're a sham. That's why it's important to point out stuff like this because nothing will ever get done to right the ship if we keep looking the other way.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom