Shannon Sharpe re: Brett Favre "You have to be a sorry **** to steal from the underserved" (4 Viewers)

Bayouboy

Football Genius
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Maybe there's not enough evidence yet, but I think this story is not getting enough publicity. This should be front page headline news for days or weeks, yet its barely talked about. What's going on?

superchuck500

tiny changes
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Maybe there's not enough evidence yet, but I think this story is not getting enough publicity. This should be front page headline news for days or weeks, yet its barely talked about. What's going on?

You mean like why isn't being exhaustively covered like Mike Vick's dogs? Or Deshaun's massages? Or Jameis's crab legs? Or like why is Brett Favre still doing SXM NFL shows?

:scratch:

i_am_error

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
As a taxpayer, I can't say that a volleyball facility was great use of TANF money, but I don't see that Favre did anything wrong other than ask the governor for help getting the facility built. It's on the governor and his advisers to know if the funding was legal or not legal, not on a retired QB with CTE. But focusing on Favre gets more clicks for the media types.
There's always one...

Reaction score
I think there is still a lot more news to come out of this, another one of the big players plead guilty yesterday and l am sure he will tell all he knows to keep from a long sentence

Eeyore

Ded inside
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
You mean like why isn't being exhaustively covered like Mike Vick's dogs? Or Deshaun's massages? Or Jameis's crab legs? Or like why is Brett Favre still doing SXM NFL shows?

:scratch:
Part of me wants to say that the answer is as black and white as Americans like dogs but not poor people. Some would argue that I view human nature as being darker than it really is and that the story isn't big yet but it will be. I think that their opinions are being colored by years of carefully crafting Favre's image which suffered a bit of a black eye.

Reaction score
I'm pretty certain he put up a lot of money for the Oak Grove football facilities as well. I've gotta wonder if that money came in the same fashion.

Reaction score
would you say it's an addition to the Jackson/water story, a distraction from it or treated separately ?
Treated separately. I haven't seen anyone linking the two and I haven't seen it distracting people. Most of the press on the Jackson story now is the local press trying to trash Tate Reeves for the amount he quoted that had gone to Jackson, while also quoting a Jackson city council member saying that such a story was a distraction from the real problem and didn't help anyone.

Reaction score

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom