Shannon Sharpe re: Brett Favre "You have to be a sorry **** to steal from the underserved" (2 Viewers)

This part from his lawyer gets me...

Asked why Favre, who was paid an estimated $140 million during his NFL career, didn’t just donate money for the volleyball facility, Holmes said, “He did donate a good bit, but that’s how it is with rich people. They raise money.”

Holmes added that comedian Jerry Lewis didn’t just donate money for his popular muscular dystrophy telethons, “he raised it.”

Yeah because stealing from poor people and raising money for a devastating disease are basically the same thing.

Nah. There's no Ehlo, Majerle, etc guarding MJ today. In today's game the guy at the end of the bench is more athletic than the HOF players of that day. MJ's success had a lot to do with how supremely athletic he was in comparison to others. That's not the case today. Today he would have to shoot over Durant, LeBron, etc.
ok, this is crazy talk
athleticism does not change that much in 1-2 generations - and what added 'athleticism' there might be is offset by the sheer physicality of the game in MJs day. Lebron could hang, but how effective would Durant be if defended by Rodman or Oakley or Duncan, et al?

easier to put up numbers when competition is slight - if he played against Shaqs and Olajuwan's and David Robinsons and Ewings, et al - he wouldn't be nearly as dominant
good, even great, but not all time
He also played against Bill Russel, Walt Bellamy etc.

When an athlete is great he will be great in any era. Once again an athlete comes along 50 years ahead of his time. Wilt
would be great today

He also played against Bill Russel, Walt Bellamy etc.

When an athlete is great he will be great in any era. Once again an athlete comes along 50 years ahead of his time. Wilt
would be great today
I think when you consider college Kareem makes the closest argument to Jordan, not LeBron. He's got as many rings, MVPs, and was the more dominant college player. But hey, this is a football forum.

ok, this is crazy talk
athleticism does not change that much in 1-2 generations - and what added 'athleticism' there might be is offset by the sheer physicality of the game in MJs day. Lebron could hang, but how effective would Durant be if defended by Rodman or Oakley or Duncan, et al?
Durant would Murder Oakley. Now Oakley could back him down with ease. But Durant on the perimeter would kill just about any defender from that Era.

If you think the guys from that Era are athletic enough to hang today then go ahead. I don't agree. Guys are faster and quicker now to the point that being quick or fast is no longer a big deal. Everybody is. Jordan would not be physically leaps and bounds better than most like he was. He was one of few that could dunk from the free throw line and now many can. Lebron is bigger, stronger and just as fast as MJ.

I considered myself a fan of Favre mainly for his toughness over the years we watched him play..... even though people misinterpret texts everyday, even posts here on Saintsreport.... I believe Favre was to smart to not realize the legality of the situation... however that being said, all but certain he will walk away without any real penalty unless he were to just tell the truth and confess all

Unfortunately, when talking about Mississippi and the deep south that's almost impossible to do. The historic role of race is the main dynamic that prevents class alliances in this country and politicians have made sure it stays that way.
The media is all too happy to carry water for the ruling class. While there is a racial component, what we're really experiencing isn't black vs. white or left vs. right. Any of us not on top are getting screwed worse than ever. Not trying to minimize how anyone feels about it or denigrate anyone with an opposing viewpoint; just calling it according to the pattern I've been noticing. They keep us at each other's throats because unity scares them more than anything.

Also, if we're talking basketball GOATs, it's rough to categorize. For me, MJ and Bird are top two and it basically becomes pick your poison after that. Kobe, LeBron, Pistol Pete, Wilt the Stilt, Hakeem...I don't think anyone's Top 10 will ever match up with anyone else's.

Last edited:
Valid point, but they were also playing a different game with different rules….same with MJ and LeBron…

I agree with Face on most things but not on this one. MJ had the quickest most explosive 1st step and finish at the basket I’ve ever seen, he was also tough enough to take the physical pounding that players simply don’t do any longer due to rule changes…IMO MJ would destroy the NBA today with its offensive favored rules….but no way to know….
Like, what would Pete Maravich's numbers be today? He most definitely, would have thrived in today's game.

The news that the money was used to finance a volleyball facility doesn't make this any better.

Like Robin Hood without the heart. Stealing from the poor to give to the rich.

F him and F the state of Mississippis government. Dead last for a reason.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom