Shannon Sharpe re: Brett Favre "You have to be a sorry **** to steal from the underserved" (1 Viewer)

No. Don't ban him because he said something stupid that shows what kind of person he is. What he said wasn't a bannable offense. We can choose to collectively ignore him because he comes across as a disgusting human being. But let's not go down the road of banning people because they said something we don't like or agree with but do not break the terms of service.

I never liked Favre and always thought his brother Scott was a better man and athlete. I hope they burn his behind on this.

It is stealing TAXPAYERS money. The government has no money, it is all taken from someone else.
It’s also building real property with state money that the taxpayers still own.

This is being built as state property.

Funds were just diverted.

Basically it’s illegal to take funds that are appropriated for one thing and divert to another.

It sounds like someone pitched the idea to Favre that if he did these engagements, they could pay him out of these pots of money and he could give that money to school for the court.

So Favre isn’t getting paid anything for his speaking engagements. It sounds like once they had it executed, the follow through on the engagements didn’t keep up.

Huey Long did something similar when he used funds for dormitories to build Tiger Stadium.

No one stole anything from poor people. They just jumped around the budget.

I don’t see how Favre is responsible in any way (legally) for which funding codes are used to build state property.

The media is all too happy to carry water for the ruling class. While there is a racial component, what we're really experiencing isn't black vs. white or left vs. right. Any of us not on top are getting screwed worse than ever. Not trying to minimize how anyone feels about it or denigrate anyone with an opposing viewpoint; just calling it according to the pattern I've been noticing. They keep us at each other's throats because unity scares them more than anything.

Also, if we're talking basketball GOATs, it's rough to categorize. For me, MJ and Bird are top two and it basically becomes pick your poison after that. Kobe, LeBron, Pistol Pete, Wilt the Stilt, Hakeem...I don't think anyone's Top 10 will ever match up with anyone else's.
Amen, amen and amen on the first part - how did a basketball thread get in here?

Something stinks about this. Seems like a lot of effort here to “build a volleyball facility on a college campus.”

It’s also building real property with state money that the taxpayers still own.

This is being built as state property.

Funds were just diverted.

Basically it’s illegal to take funds that are appropriated for one thing and divert to another.

It sounds like someone pitched the idea to Favre that if he did these engagements, they could pay him out of these pots of money and he could give that money to school for the court.

So Favre isn’t getting paid anything for his speaking engagements. It sounds like once they had it executed, the follow through on the engagements didn’t keep up.

Huey Long did something similar when he used funds for dormitories to build Tiger Stadium.

No one stole anything from poor people. They just jumped around the budget.

I don’t see how Favre is responsible in any way (legally) for which funding codes are used to build state property.
The money for the speaking engagements and the volley ball court are 2 completely different things
And steal money from the poor is exactly what they did

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom