Shannon Sharpe re: Brett Favre "You have to be a sorry **** to steal from the underserved" (1 Viewer)

I never understand when people are caught red handed, why prosecutors feel the need to offer plea agreements.

The text messages alone should have buried these people under the jail.

I never understand when people are caught red handed, why prosecutors feel the need to offer plea agreements.

The text messages alone should have buried these people under the jail.
Rich privilege, or the prosecutors are unsure they can convince a jury beyond a reasonable doubt. Usually one of the two. Especially if celebrities are involved.

Rich privilege, or the prosecutors are unsure they can convince a jury beyond a reasonable doubt. Usually one of the two. Especially if celebrities are involved.

That - plus those with means will hire lawyers that are very good at stretching it all out, expending resources, and managing juries. It makes trial that much riskier - plea deals are criminal settlement agreements and settlement agreements usually make sense because they buy out that risk of an unpredictable trial.

I think plea deals are commonly offered, even in cases against public defenders. They count as a conviction and save the prosecution’s resources.

That - plus those with means will hire lawyers that are very good at stretching it all out, expending resources, and managing juries. It makes trial that much riskier - plea deals are criminal settlement agreements and settlement agreements usually make sense because they buy out that risk of an unpredictable trial.

I think plea deals are commonly offered, even in cases against public defenders. They count as a conviction and save the prosecution’s resources.

At the expense of actual justice where people get let back out early to continue to wreak havoc on society. Those supposedly saved resources get fully used either now or later.

Whether you want to put it on Farve or the state, it's wrong. TANF is a state block grant(states can determine how to use the funds) unlike the previous structure (AFDC I think) that dictated the funds go to poor people. In theory, the money should be allocated to go to needy people but because of the political leanings of the governors and by extension Farve, they had no problem using the money for personal interest (as in more athletic facilities for the poorest state in the union). No matter how you paint it's wrong and I'm sure Farve is not the first athlete to get caught up in a misappropriation of funds scandal. These same people attack individual welfare for the poor but have no problem with corporate welfare and subsidies.

background: https://sgp.fas.org/crs/misc/R44668.pdf

At the expense of actual justice where people get let back out early to continue to wreak havoc on society. Those supposedly saved resources get fully used either now or later.
No, that's the "restorative justice"/no bail that has been responsible for multiple murders in major cities.

Maybe there's not enough evidence yet, but I think this story is not getting enough publicity. This should be front page headline news for days or weeks, yet its barely talked about. What's going on?

You mean like why isn't being exhaustively covered like Mike Vick's dogs? Or Deshaun's massages? Or Jameis's crab legs? Or like why is Brett Favre still doing SXM NFL shows?

:scratch:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom