shaq to suns - almost done (1 Viewer)

That's a strange fit for him, it seems. That dude stopped running about 3 years ago.

no. This trade makes very little sense to me. I think the Sun are giving up a top 15 player in the league.

the report i saw on espn video stated they (Suns) heard Dallas was talking to the Heat and they didnt want to have to go against him and the lakers front line - so they are making this deal

All I can figure is they think they can make it to the playoffs with what they have, and they need a big guy to get past Duncan in the playoffs?

yea sound like this is strictly a move for the playoffs - basically the same reason i wish the Mavs could make a deal for Kidd - the west is getting loaded, those that stand pat may regret it even the "good" teams

lakers - Pau Gasol
Suns - Shaq
Spurs - D. Stoudamire

I'm confused. Marion is so versatile, and still has a lot of playing time in him.
Shaq is not versatile at all and you might get 2 years out of him.
The Suns already have A Stoudamire, who is great center.
:dunno:
This trade weighs so much in the Heat's favour.

I'm confused. Marion is so versatile, and still has a lot of playing time in him.

almost sounds like they didnt want to play against him, maybe they know with one more ring he will retire this year and not stay the remainder of his contract at 20mill per

The only level it makes sense on is the "team chemestry" level. It will get rid of an unhappy Marion, help move Studamire to his prefered position (PF) and gets Diaw some more minutes. Also I think Shaq playing with a true point guard for the first time in well, forever may give him a little bump this season. If they can get 17 points and 9 boards from Shaq the rest of the way they will be tough.

But overall I'm thinking it doesn't make much sense if your getting rid of Marion and willing to take back a huge contract why not do the Garnett deal at the start of the season? Or for Gasol or Kirelinko? Hell even a Vince Carter makes a little more sense than this move.

Hornets need to do something... all the top teams are adding pieces and we havent fixed our bench yet.

Don't forget that Marion and Stoudamire don't like each other.

On the surface this trade makes little sense. The Suns will hope Shaq can
a)pass the physical
b)get inspired for what is likely to be his last run at a championship

After the season they can trade him since he'll only have one year left on his 20 mil a year contract. That's right folks, Shaq will go from MVP candidate to trade bait for cap relief.

NBA action = it's fantastic!

The only level it makes sense on is the "team chemestry" level. It will get rid of an unhappy Marion, help move Studamire to his prefered position (PF) and gets Diaw some more minutes. Also I think Shaq playing with a true point guard for the first time in well, forever may give him a little bump this season. If they can get 17 points and 9 boards from Shaq the rest of the way they will be tough.

But overall I'm thinking it doesn't make much sense if your getting rid of Marion and willing to take back a huge contract why not do the Garnett deal at the start of the season? Or for Gasol or Kirelinko? Hell even a Vince Carter makes a little more sense than this move.

they may try and use him like the Mavs use Damp and Diop, not as an offensive player so they dont have to wait on him to make it down court when not playing half court

Shawn Marion really needs to play the 4 where his quickness and range is a mismatch. Amare Stoudimire also really needs to play the 4 where his defense is less of a liability and his size is a mismatch.

It's a logjam. They're basically improving chemistry by moving a sulky Marion and opening up space to move Stoudimire to the 4 by both clearing Marion out of it and adding someone to rotate in at C with Diaw.

Shaq can't run but he is an exceptional passer so he fits the offense in the half-court sets. He can give 20-24 quality minutes a game still.

Terrible trade for the Suns. Absolutely, positively terrible.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom