Shaq to Suns?! (1 Viewer)

I'm missing something.

No, I must be missing a lot. I have no idea how this makes any sense. At all. Money-wise, he's an albatross contract, not even an expiring contract. On the floor, he's a shell of his former self and they already have one of the best young centers in the game. Shaq is too old to be running the floor in the Suns' game style. The Suns would be getting a beat up Shaq who probably couldn't stay healthy in that style of play while paying him cash out the wazoo. Now I've heard they had their little chemistry problems in PHX, but will shaking up the lineup that much while putting such a strain financially and strategically on the court be worth it? Are they just making a deal to make a deal? Trying to one-up the Lakers? Honestly someone explain this to me. I'm trying to sort this out, but I truly cannot find any thing to put on the "pro" side of the deal and the "con" side is getting bigger and bigger.

Last edited:
Did this thread get started on the Hornets board, or are we now moving all NBA-related threads here?

:16:

Did this thread get started on the Hornets board, or are we now moving all NBA-related threads here?

:16:

I started it here. I figured don't see people starting threads about the New England Patriots in the Everything Else forum so I figured all things NBA probably belongs here :9:

I'm missing something.

No, I must be missing a lot. I have no idea how this makes any sense. At all. Money-wise, he's an albatross contract, not even an expiring contract. On the floor, he's a shell of his former self and they already have one of the best young centers in the game. Shaq is too old to be running the floor in the Suns' game style. The Suns would be getting a beat up Shaq who probably couldn't stay healthy in that style of play while paying him cash out the wazoo. Now I've heard they had their little chemistry problems in PHX, but will shaking up the lineup that much while putting such a strain financially and strategically on the court be worth it? Are they just making a deal to make a deal? Trying to one-up the Lakers? Honestly someone explain this to me. I'm trying to sort this out, but I truly cannot find any thing to put on the "pro" side of the deal and the "con" side is getting bigger and bigger.

The only level it makes sense on is the "team chemestry" level. It will get rid of an unhappy Marion, help move Studamire to his prefered position (PF) and gets Diaw some more minutes. Also I think Shaq playing with a true point guard for the first time in well, forever may give him a little bump this season. If they can get 17 points and 9 boards from him the rest of the way they will be tough.

But overall I'm with you. If you getting rid of Marion and willing to take back a huge contract why not to the Garnett deal at the start of the season? Or for Gasol or Kirelinko? Hell even Vince Carter makes a little more sense than this move.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Twitter

Back
    Top Bottom