Share Print Email RSS John DeShazier: Dennis Allen weighs in on Saints defense (1 Viewer)

mvtrucking

Administrator
Administrator
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
snews.gif

Full Story – NewOrleansSaints.Com

A few takes from Thursday’s teleconference with New Orleans Saints defensive coordinator Dennis Allen:

1. Allen, obviously, isn’t pleased with all he has seen from the Saints defense in the first four games. But he does like the direction he believes the unit is headed. New Orleans currently is ranked 31st in total defense, 28th in pass defense, 25th in run defense and last in scoring defense. “I think the big thing for us is developing our consistency,” Allen said.

“We haven’t been as consistent as we’ve needed to be. There’s been times when we’ve played really well on defense, and then there’s obviously been times when we haven’t played as well. I’ve been pleased with some of the development of some of the young players but yet, as you continue to go along, they’re still learning and there’s a lot of things that we can help them get better at. I still like the direction that we’re headed in. We’ve got to continue to work to get better and look at what we can do, from a coaching staff standpoint, how we can put guys in a little bit better position to make some plays.”

By John DeShazier / New Orleans Saints.Com

Full Story – NewOrleansSaints.Com

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom