Share your favorite You Tube content creator (1 Viewer)

Comic Tropes.

He does video essays about comics, often on rather obscure topics. If you ever wanted to know about how Vince Coletta forked up Jack Kirby's pencils with his inking, or about Jim Shooter's contentious tenure as EiC of Marvel Comics, he's the guy to go-to.

I love browsing U Tube. Like any aspect of social media today, you have your usual dreck and drama. But you can find a "how to" video on probably any subject (fixed our washer that way and learned how to apply eye shadow correctly for hooded eyelids) and learn what the heck ASMR is (Maria of "Gentle Whispering" will have you hooked). Don't know if this thread will catch on, but I'm going to use it to share some of my finds for those who want to expand your horizons. So I'm not going to just link videos necessarily but to the channels where the various videos and playlists are located. I won't link to any makeup channels unless you guys need a review on the newest Natasha Denona palette.

The first one is this guy:

His channel is Xiaomanyc 小马在纽约 and his most popular video is labeled "Clueless white guy orders in perfect Chinese". He's fluent in Cantonese and Mandarin and likes to go into Chinese restaurants in NYC Chinatown and surprise the workers there by speaking their language. The reactions are always priceless by their shock and then their respect. He must have a real ear for languages because he's also learned passable Punjabi and Yoruba and who knows what else.
Lost in Vegas.

They do music reviews and reactions.

It sounds lame as written, but watch a couple of their videos and I guarantee you will be fans.

So I've mentioned Filthy Frank on here. He hasn't made anything new in like 5 years and is now making music. Well, I am now introducing you guys to the video that birthed my interest in him. One of his first 10 videos was a 9 second long video of him saying one word. This video is a mixture of that and a reality show. Witness the greatness,

Professor Dave has tons of tutorials about all different venues of science, from astronomy to geology. If you need an answer to something scientific, he probably has it. He did make a brief detour into the conspiracy world when they annoyed him. Only about 10 or fewer shows among tons of other, more straightforward, science shows. This was one of his better ones...

This is technically a cooking channel but Emmy is so cute and she does a lot of "experimental" stuff.

I follow Jamaal and love his reactions. He loves every form of music from classical to country. I also ordered and have the t-shirt he's wearing in this video .

I don't normally quote my own posts. This reminded me of one of the funniest scenes ever. Barbara Billingsly Aka Mrs June Cleaver speaking jive

Those guys are awesome. Daniel knows his stuff and Rex is just hilarious. I found them a few years ago. The only downside is I have spent way too much money discovering new whisk(e)ys.
Price is due to age. 23 year old Jim Beam cost a pretty penny. Beams 8 star is 6.99 a fifth . I honestly can't tell the difference in taste

Price is due to age. 23 year old Jim Beam cost a pretty penny. Beams 8 star is 6.99 a fifth . I honestly can't tell the difference in taste

It's not the price of individual bottles. It's the volume of bottles that gets me. When I watch the reviews on The Whiskey Vault I see all kinds of stuff I want to try. A lot of it isn't expensive and they do pick out stuff that is good value, but it does make me buy a lot of stuff just because I want to try it.

I do agree that age really doesn't always matter all that much, especially for bourbon. At a certain point I find that whiskey gets too woody for my taste. But there are expensive things that aren't old and I can tell the difference in those. For instance, the upper levels of Four Roses are just so much better than the entry level. But, taste is subjective so some might prefer the entry level stuff.

It's not the price of individual bottles. It's the volume of bottles that gets me. When I watch the reviews on The Whiskey Vault I see all kinds of stuff I want to try. A lot of it isn't expensive and they do pick out stuff that is good value, but it does make me buy a lot of stuff just because I want to try it.

I do agree that age really doesn't always matter all that much, especially for bourbon. At a certain point I find that whiskey gets too woody for my taste. But there are expensive things that aren't old and I can tell the difference in those. For instance, the upper levels of Four Roses are just so much better than the entry level. But, taste is subjective so some might prefer the entry level stuff.
I do agree here. Many drinkers say 7-10 years old is the best flavor range. Anything older does take up that woody flavor.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom