Share your gameday superstitions (1 Viewer)

NeedforSnead

Rookie
Reaction score
I was just wondering if anyone here has any superstitioms once it comes to game day. Myself personally if i am really excited for a game I will avoid wearing jerseys altogether.For some reason whatever sport it is my team loses, for instance I am 0-6 in the Brees jersey i bought last year.

If you guys have any fun ones let me know.

happy saint

watsamattawitu
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
My new superstition is not to have superstitions. They don't work and I'm older and forget to do them which blows my mind cuz I then think it is my fault when they lose.

Life is too complicated.

Geaux Saints!!

Swimmer

Medsamust Saint Fan
Reaction score
I have a 2011 Saints hat and a 2012 Saints t-shirt that we lose when I wear either. This is not superstitious. This is statistical fact. Cajun science :no:

St. Pike

Representing Proudly
Reaction score
I wear the Jersey when I watch the game at home. Sometimes, I sneak watching the game at work, so I do not wear the jersey.

Generally, if they win, I do not wash it, if they lose, to the washer it goes.
When I had a white jersey I would match the jersey to whatever jersey they were wearing.

At first, this was all superstition, but now, I do it out of tradition. Personally, I think it is better to describe it as a ritual and if you do it long enough, it becomes a tradition. I think we are all intelligent enough to not believe in superstitions. :9:

---

Reaction score
We'll immediately when I wake up I try to get as high as possible. I lay in bed still and turn on "in the air tonight" by Phil Collins and imagine all my boys coming through for me. Then I usually write the best players name down from the other team on a piece of paper and burn it.

Rdanderson91

Krispy Kreme
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
My only superstitions are to never say anything like "man our defense looks great today" or "if we keep playing like this we're gonna win big" etc etc etc. if anybody in my house says some reckless mess like that, I make them knock on wood. Also anytime an announcer says something like "drew hasn't thrown an interception in 112 straight pass attempts" I knock on wood. I have a weird relationship with karma

Rdanderson91

Krispy Kreme
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
We'll immediately when I wake up I try to get as high as possible. I lay in bed still and turn on "in the air tonight" by Phil Collins and imagine all my boys coming through for me. Then I usually write the best players name down from the other team on a piece of paper and burn it.
Jesus lol you got a little doll of Kaepernick to stick needles in too? Haha

dutar76

4th Year Vet
Reaction score
Superstitions no, rituals yes. In the dome, I wake up and go down to the hotel bar and have a fruit drink for breakfast (Hurricane). At home I cook one of 3 things for the game. Gumbo, Chili, or *Prime Rib

*denotes today's menu item

Does any of this help the team? No. But the hurricane for breakfast helps me significantly.

TenTwo

Are you touched in the head or something?
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
:worthy:

bclemms

More than 15K posts served!
Reaction score
When things are really going bad I take a knife and make a long cut down the top side of my arm. Don't worry, nothing deep, just a long smooth cut. The warm blood trickling down my skin gives me a warm soothing sensation and calms me down.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)