Sharper Best Saints FS Ever! (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
I know it's only two games, but Darren Sharper is the best Saints free safety ever. It speaks volumes to both his talent and the lack of playmakers we've had at the position over the years. I loved watching him take it to the house Sunday. Awesome!!!

i don't know the entire saints historical roster but I bet no body is best ever on a team after 2 games.

I'll give you creds for enthusiasm, but still....

Not "yet". Give it time.... Kk?

Maybe. he's on pace for what, 24 int's? :)

Last edited:
Understand your enthusiasm, and Sharper's play has been impressive so far ... but's only 2 games.

I think Tommy Myers (1972-1982) and Sammy Knight (1997-2002) were better. Knight wasn't the best in pass coverage, but was outstanding against the run. Myers was a consummate pro for a decade in a Saints uniform. Gene Atkins ("Mean Gene"), during the Mora years, wasn't great in coverage (like Knight), but he was a hitter and intimidated WRs coming across the middle.

If we're talking Bo Burris, Joe Scarpetti, Frank Wattelet, Greg Jackson, Tebucky Jones (sorry, but I had to include him), Josh Bullocks (sorry, but I had to include him, too), and Kevin K. ... it's no contest. Sharper has great instincts and is a smart football player. Just wish we could have had him when he was in his prime. Still, I think he is good fit until Malcolm Jenkins is ready.

Understand your enthusiasm, and Sharper's play has been impressive so far ... but's only 2 games.

I think Tommy Myers (1972-1982) and Sammy Knight (1997-2002) were better. Knight wasn't the best in pass coverage, but was outstanding against the run. Myers was a consummate pro for a decade in a Saints uniform. Gene Atkins ("Mean Gene"), during the Mora years, wasn't great in coverage (like Knight), but he was a hitter and intimidated WRs coming across the middle.

If we're talking Bo Burris, Joe Scarpetti, Frank Wattelet, Greg Jackson, Tebucky Jones (sorry, but I had to include him), Josh Bullocks (sorry, but I had to include him, too), and Kevin K. ... it's no contest. Sharper has great instincts and is a smart football player. Just wish we could have had him when he was in his prime. Still, I think he is good fit until Malcolm Jenkins is ready.

And if anyone can MAKE Jenkins ready, Greer can. I hope the kid picks his brain near clean!

There was a time the player Kurt Warner said was the guy he hated playing against the most in all of football was Sammy Knight. I think that speaks volumes for how good he was in his prime.

Not to mention 42, FORTY-TWO, interceptions! Most of them he got while playing with the Saints.

Sammy Knight is one of my favorite Saints of all time. I watched him play LB at USC before the Saints signed him as an undrafted free agent. All this being said, he was a strong safety and didn't have the speed and/or skill set to play free safety. Tommy Myers was good, but back to my main point...Sharper is the best FS in Saints history!

Career-wise he may be - he's had a great career. Judging him on two games against QBs in their first NFL starts? I doubt many defensive players in the NFL have gotten that luxury in the first two games of a season.

Having said that, the homer says he'll have 10 picks this season!

You could say that Sharper is the best FS to ever play with the saints, but to say he's the saints best FS ever is way to soon. (Sorry if that doesn't make sense)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom