Sharper fined $5000 (1 Viewer)

***** Goodell.

Does anyone else expect a new rule that makes it a 15 yard personal foul if you hit a QB in the back while he sliding FORWARD for a TD in live play?

Two QBs have broken ribs because the didn't do the "QB slide" in an attempt to get a TD. The hits were legal hits and in Hasselback's case, prevented a TD by him.

I expect that you will have to basically let the QB slide in the endzone next year or face a penalty or a fine.

I agree that fines are getting out of hand, however the league ruled that those hits were acceptable and no one was fined. So if the players aren't fined for those hits I doubt a new rule will be made. I agree with you, but just sayin.

I agree that fines are getting out of hand, however the league ruled that those hits were acceptable and no one was fined. So if the players aren't fined for those hits I doubt a new rule will be made. I agree with you, but just sayin.

They can't be fined because they didn't break a rule. That's why they introduce new rules. Last year Bernard Pollard didn't get fined for hitting Brady. This year I bet he would.

http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2008/09/07/nfl-hit-that-hurt-tom-brady-was-clean-chiefs-bernard-pollard/

So if he led with his helmet, and is fined, what's the problem? Leading with your helmet is illegal in the league, and a fine should be expected considering the study they recently did on brain related injuries NFL players deal with after they stop playing. Plenty of rules are just plain stupid (ie. uniform related fines, celebration fines, etc.,) but rules regarding helmet-led hits are to protect the player(s). I am almost 100% sure that had Brees been knocked out for the year due to a helmet-led injury, most of us would be demanding blood from the league. :hihi:

Next thing is they'll fine Hargrove for almost touching Trent Edwards on those 2 horrible calls.

The fine is legit. Rules are rules, and its what keep our football players as safe as possible. If you lead with your helmet you are going to get fined, no questions asked. Just because it was a Saint, doesn't make it right. Come on guys.

Had they had this rule when Ronnie Lott played, he would have just handed his check back to the league every week. LOL.

Oh come on guys. Somebody has to pay for Goodell's parties, G5, and wardrobe. You don't think he can live this lifestyle just on (his own) salary alone, do you?

Had they had this rule when Ronnie Lott played, he would have just handed his check back to the league every week. LOL.

How about the real old-timers ... Butkis, Nobis, Nitschke, Lambert, Tatum. They would have been fined more than they made.

I wanted an apologize for a few calls last sunday and then we get this? What a joke! I honestly think the refs make more mistakes now, then lets say 10 years ago. No question in my eyes.

The league is becoming more worried about not losing its top draw players to keep tv ratings up. It's not about football as much as showmanship players for big paydays.

We watch football because it is a very physical manly sport with the best athletes keep it that way. If we want to watch something wimpy, there's always the golf channel.
The girl in your avatar should be fined her shirt.

The fine is legit. Rules are rules, and its what keep our football players as safe as possible. If you lead with your helmet you are going to get fined, no questions asked. Just because it was a Saint, doesn't make it right. Come on guys.
I will not say anything.:jpshakehead:

Oh come on guys. Somebody has to pay for Goodell's parties, G5, and wardrobe. You don't think he can live this lifestyle just on (his own) salary alone, do you?
I could just be imagining this, but I think all the money collected from nfl fines are donated to charity foundations......

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom