Sharper fined $5000 (1 Viewer)

SaintlyAgenda

Cam Jordan Fan Club
Reaction score
SHARPER FINED: Saints free safety Darren Sharper said he has been fined $5,000 by the league office for an unnecessary roughness penalty against him in the third quarter of Sunday's 27-7 win against Buffalo.

Sharper led with his helmet on a late hit against Bills wide receiver Lee Evans.

"I've been fined before for uniform violations, but that's the first time I've been fined for my play on the field, " said Sharper, a 13-year veteran.

http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf/2009/10/saints_kicker_john_carney_know.html

Guess someone will have to get $5000. worth of punishment this week, sorry Jets.

***** Goodell.

Does anyone else expect a new rule that makes it a 15 yard personal foul if you hit a QB in the back while he sliding FORWARD for a TD in live play?

Two QBs have broken ribs because the didn't do the "QB slide" in an attempt to get a TD. The hits were legal hits and in Hasselback's case, prevented a TD by him.

I expect that you will have to basically let the QB slide in the endzone next year or face a penalty or a fine.

13 years and this is his first fine. We might as well just give them two neon colored flags and take off the pads.

I think the QBs should wear flags and you have to pull it that way no one can get hurt. Seriously, these rules are getting ridiculous. The game is TACKLE football. If you can't take getting hit a few times then give back your 25 million dollar salary and go join a recreation flag football league.

This is so ridiculous I can't even comment on it.
Goodell is on the wrong track.

It's about time our defense becomes feared, even if we gotta play a little dirty.

The league is becoming more worried about not losing its top draw players to keep tv ratings up. It's not about football as much as showmanship players for big paydays.

We watch football because it is a very physical manly sport with the best athletes keep it that way. If we want to watch something wimpy, there's always the golf channel.

I love Sharper and there were numeorus ridiculous calls in that game, but I think some people are confusing the lame calls made regarding Edwards with Sharper's clearly stupid late hit on Evans which this fine is actually for.

I love Sharper and there were numeorus ridiculous calls in that game, but I think some people are confusing the lame calls made regarding Edwards with Sharper's clearly stupid late hit on Evans which this fine is actually for.

I agree, he clearly came in late.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom