Sharper gets an 18 yr jail term... (1 Viewer)

That is some VERY lenient sentencing for 16 rapes in 4 states!

People get 25 years for trafficking marijuana and Sharper gets 18 years for serial rape!?

Our judicial system is bought and paid for! The best judicial system money can buy!

Isn't he turning states evidence? Something about drugs?

bad thing is most prisons separate the sex offenders from general population. they do that for their "safety". where was the victims safety? I say put them in population and let the inmates settle things. i can forgive many crimes. but rape and child abuse is not one of them.

bad thing is most prisons separate the sex offenders from general population. they do that for their "safety". where was the victims safety? I say put them in population and let the inmates settle things. i can forgive many crimes. but rape and child abuse is not one of them.

Well, not putting him in the lions den is what separates us from the savages of the world.....just saying.

that is true. we must be humane. sorry but this is where you and I disagree with this crime. he gets 18 years and his victims, while not remembering the actual crime, will have to live the rest of their lives knowing they are victims of a sexual crime. why not let him know what that feels like? they won't kill him. they will just give him the Bruce Jenner treatment.

Go old school.

Cut his D off, after he spends 18 years in a 10x15 foot concrete cell.

Problem solved.

that is true. we must be humane. sorry but this is where you and I disagree with this crime. he gets 18 years and his victims, while not remembering the actual crime, will have to live the rest of their lives knowing they are victims of a sexual crime. why not let him know what that feels like? they won't kill him. they will just give him the Bruce Jenner treatment.

Go old school.

Cut his D off, after he spends 18 years in a 10x15 foot concrete cell.

Problem solved.

Man, the Jack's are an aggressive bunch! :hihi:

Having his name associated with the Saints is disgraceful

What's also troubling is that he was such an big part of our Super Bowl season and he has tarnished his contribution, his other career achievements and his life as well as the lives of countless victims by being a serial rapist.

I struggle with the fact I look back fondly at that season and a few amazing plays he made, but those memories are quickly replaced with an "Oh yeah, that guy was a complete creep rapist"

I hate that he was associated with our team. I hate that there was a time when I respected him at a time when he was unknown to many, drugging and raping defenseless women across the country.

Sad.

Yes, he got off easy. to easy. Will never work another day in his life anywhere. Shocking, his contrition and telling the truth. Its all a big "wow" and has been for several years.

I used to say when watching games, "it isn't over till Sharper gets an interception". He helped us when the big one, but I am ashamed I put so much confidence in him. I never saw this coming. Now he's just an embarrassment. Rust in hell, Sharper.

20 year sentence in the L.A. case

Ex-NFL star Darren Sharper sentenced to 20 years in prison as rape victims in L.A. speak out - LA Times

Former NFL star Darren Sharper was sentenced Tuesday to 20 years in prison for drugging and raping two women in Los Angeles, capping a case in which the athlete was accused of attacking more than a dozen women across the country.

Sharper was sentenced as part of a plea deal he reached last year — a “global resolution” that his attorneys said helped resolve sexual assault cases filed against him in multiple states.

“I can only imagine myself lying there like a vegetable while he took advantage of my body without my permission,” one of the victims said in a downtown Los Angeles courtroom on Tuesday. “I have lost every bit of self confidence I’ve ever had and am always in fear while alone. It doesn’t matter whether it’s day or night, I can see a guy and automatically in my head think, ‘What if this guy tries to rape me?’”

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom