Sharper on Ballot for Hall of Fame (1 Viewer)

The point is that when you have fulfilled your end of the bargain and you don't receive your just due you won't be happy about it. Minorities in this country, specifically black people, have endured the struggle necessary to be free yet equality escapes us (It's a fight that should have never existed anyway). Since we don't control the media we don't have a voice. Colin is attempting to be one of the voices that can help to promote change. He's said from the beginning that he is doing this for those who don't have the forum to be heard.

As far as your example goes, he, nor any other athlete, are protesting their employers. They don't work for America. Neither was he on vacation. He expressed himself while fulfilling his obligation to the 49ers. He has the support of his team. The team is not unhappy with his stance so I don't see where you are going with your example. If he showed up to camp with a picket sign but wasn't practicing they would be upset and that would be the opposite of what actually occurred.

My anology is that the appearance of his protest, his right to protest, he is protesting against the flag that the people who fought for and gave there lives for to give Him the right to protest.

Example : this country (our flag our symbol) gives you the right to protest and you protest against that symbol, which without it, you would not have the ability to.

Just like the company paying you for a day off , in turn you use it to picket them. If they wouldn't pay you to have the day off, you wouldn't have the day off to picket.

But this is a conversation for a different time. I don't want to hijack this thread.

I believe sharpers body of work gets him nominated, a nod of the cap but he will never be elected to the Hall of Fame. If he would not have been a deplorable person, he would no doubt be a reporter on NFLnetwork or ESPN further inflating his chances at getting in.

My anology is that the appearance of his protest, his right to protest, he is protesting against the flag that the people who fought for and gave there lives for to give Him the right to protest.

Example : this country (our flag our symbol) gives you the right to protest and you protest against that symbol, which without it, you would not have the ability to.

Just like the company paying you for a day off , in turn you use it to picket them. If they wouldn't pay you to have the day off, you wouldn't have the day off to picket.

But this is a conversation for a different time. I don't want to hijack this thread.

I believe sharpers body of work gets him nominated, a nod of the cap but he will never be elected to the Hall of Fame. If he would not have been a deplorable person, he would no doubt be a reporter on NFLnetwork or ESPN further inflating his chances at getting in.

I see what you're saying now. I agree bro. He would have had a great career after the League. It's crazy that a guy who seemed so normal was that deviant. I thought it was some random female trying to get money when it first broke. As the facts came out, I think we all realized that he was a sick guy that plotted on women because having them wasn't enough. It had to be against their will. I think he misses the HOF as a result.

I know you're suppose to evaluate him by as a football player but this guy was convicted of rape. If I was a voter he would not get my vote.

He's not going in compared to those other nominees. Well, OJ got in before he started serving time.

But Sam Mills was a panther right?? :scratch:

Yeah. And a Red Hawk, and a Star, and a four-time pro-bowler with the New Orleans Saints.

Leader of the legendary Dome Patrol. Oldest player ever to return a fumble for a TD. Pro-bowler for a fifth time with the Carolina Panthers. First jersey retired in Carolina. First inductee into the Carolina Ring of Honor. Bronze statue outside the Carolina stadium.

Member of the New Orleans Saints Hall of Fame (1998), the Louisiana Sports Hall of Fame (2001), the Sports Hall of Fame of New Jersey (2003), and the College Football Hall of Fame (2009).

Not bad for a 5'9" LB repeatedly told he was "too small to play the game".

It's time to induct him into the NFL Hall of Fame.

Other observations from the list:
-Does McNabb ever get in? I liked the guy a lot, and he had a great career which I hope he is proud of. But without a championship I wouldn't vote him in.
-Sterling Sharpe? Are you kidding me? For what, being Shannon's brother? Watch this dude hang on the list for years and Colston get overlooked in 5 years.
-We're starting to see some names from those Patriots championships. Flash forward 15 years: I'll set the number of players from those teams in the HOF at 4 1/2.

Has Sharper been convicted in a court of law by a jury of his peers yet?

Yes.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...n-sharper-gets-18-years-drugging-raping-women

Mills has to go in. To add to the list of reasons given wasn't he Carolinas DC when they lost the super Bowl that year? He should be an absolute no brainer.

McNabb's chances to go in get worse with how long Alex Smith looks good. At this point it's beginning to look like the main thing in McNabb's career was that he had Andy Reid as a coach.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom