Sharper on Ballot for Hall of Fame (1 Viewer)

Nfl doesnt care about the fan base, just look how they have handled the anthem issue ,they have no problems alienating first responders, veterans and their families, do you think they really care about the female fan base.

The NFL and the Hall of Fame are two separate entities.

And they did nothing to alienate first responders, veterans or their families. They just don't force their players to stand for the anthem.

Nfl doesnt care about the fan base, just look how they have handled the anthem issue ,they have no problems alienating first responders, veterans and their families, do you think they really care about the female fan base.

What exactly did the NFL do that alienates first responders, veterans and their families?

These are two different issues, though. One is a freedom of speech issue in response to perceived injustices. The other is a legal issue. Sharper was convicted of multiple sex crimes and is in prison. They aren't even on the same level.

As a pure safety, he wasn't a fringe hall of famer. He was a hall of famer. But, like you said, it's not happening.

He was actually a two time All Pro and a five time Pro Bowler. He's eighth all time in interceptions, third in interception return yards, and second in interceptions returned for a touchdown.

In light of his being an evil wretch, I hope that he gets zero votes and fades into oblivion.

But, taken on its own merits, his performance throughout his career would be deserving of serious consideration.

To be clear, when i say fringe, i just mean he wasnt a sure thing. And he wouldnt be. Not to say he wouldnt eventually get in, but he is/was not a first ballot hall of famer.

Then again, i dont vote. So who knows what others think when they vote.

Because they're ONLY supposed to consider on-field achievements. Theven HOF committee needs to be very cautious with this. They could alienate the female fan base, which the NFL has worked hard to build.

I think having a serial rapist as a HOF nominee could alienate a lot of people, not just females.

They can't prevent players from exercising their constitutional rights.

Why not? Legally your employer can stop you from saying things the government could not prohibit.

I am not saying what the NFL should do, but It's really not a First Amendment issue.

Personal conduct aside, surely his is HOF material. However, it's like the attorney that says something in court knowing the judge will strike it down, but once people hear it the effect is made. People may want to vote for him on his football resume, but they will never get what he did out of their minds enough to let him in.

As far as the military comments go, look up the definition of freedom and realize that it's a right Colin or anybody for that matter has. If a person can only have your approval by doing what you want them to then that isn't freedom. The NFL would be smart to not start regulating these guys behavior on an issue like this. Not everyone in this country is "patriotic" and many who claim to be only feel that way when there's a national tragedy or the anthem plays at some event. The NFL needs the players as much as the players need them. Many of these guys graduate college with a degree and if they don't make it in the NFL they can get a normal job and live a decent life. But, without the players the NFL is non-existent. Also, the NFL can't cater to everyone's interest as it would be a constantly changing business. America is a melting pot of culture's and ideals and not everyone will feel a sense of loyalty to a country that has wronged some of it's citizens in the past and today for that matter. Accept it, deal with it, and move on. Whether or not anyone acknowledges the flag does not affect your life one bit.

Everybody knows that Terrell Owens should have made the Hall of Fame this year, but he was kept out due to the voters' personal bias towards his off-the-field conduct. If off-the-field conduct is a deciding factor, then there is no way Sharper ever gets in.

Supposedly T.O. missed out on being a 1st-ballot HOFer last year due to the circus that typically surrounded him. If that's true, I expect that, while Sharper may get consideration, he will get snubbed for quite some time.

He absolutely belongs on the ballot. He was a stud player.

It is up to the voters to decide if he should go in or not, which he shouldn't and won't.

Sharper won't make hall of fame. He was a fringe player to begin with, but now there is no way. Just won't happen.

fringe player? Sharper is one of the best safeties to ever play. Without a doubt, he would have made it! With that said I don't see him getting in my lifetime at this current moment

Personal conduct aside, surely his is HOF material. However, it's like the attorney that says something in court knowing the judge will strike it down, but once people hear it the effect is made. People may want to vote for him on his football resume, but they will never get what he did out of their minds enough to let him in.

As far as the military comments go, look up the definition of freedom and realize that it's a right Colin or anybody for that matter has. If a person can only have your approval by doing what you want them to then that isn't freedom. The NFL would be smart to not start regulating these guys behavior on an issue like this. Not everyone in this country is "patriotic" and many who claim to be only feel that way when there's a national tragedy or the anthem plays at some event. The NFL needs the players as much as the players need them. Many of these guys graduate college with a degree and if they don't make it in the NFL they can get a normal job and live a decent life. But, without the players the NFL is non-existent. Also, the NFL can't cater to everyone's interest as it would be a constantly changing business. America is a melting pot of culture's and ideals and not everyone will feel a sense of loyalty to a country that has wronged some of it's citizens in the past and today for that matter. Accept it, deal with it, and move on. Whether or not anyone acknowledges the flag does not affect your life one bit.

actually it comes down to how you was raised and your character make up. While all what you said was true it is still about respect. I was raised to respect the flag.

NFL Says Players Who Wear 9/11 Tribute Shoes Will Be Fined « 103.7

now granted the NFL decided two days ago not to impose the fines but at game time the threat was there and probably more players would have worn them if allowed to.

Oh, that. Meh. They didn't stop coaches and players from wearing NYPD and NYFD hats and whatnot on the sidelines. I can understand why the NFL didn't allow the uniform violations (even though it was stupid, and it's good that they didn't impose the fines) because you would have a **** storm of players trying to champion their own specific causes and saying, "Yeah, but you let so and so wear this for their cause..."

Oh, that. Meh. They didn't stop coaches and players from wearing NYPD and NYFD hats and whatnot on the sidelines. I can understand why the NFL didn't allow the uniform violations (even though it was stupid, and it's good that they didn't impose the fines) because you would have a **** storm of players trying to champion their own specific causes and saying, "Yeah, but you let so and so wear this for their cause..."

That is true. Just with it being the 15th anniversary and all, kinda poor taste.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom