SHARPER.The NFL Defensive Player of the Year? (1 Viewer)

Guitarzan

Banned
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I'm pulling for Sharper to be that guy. Sharper is well on his way there. That penalty on Vilma really hurt me. I know it didn't cost us the game but it cost Darren another pick6.

I'm gonna revive a thread from the summer that might catch SOME by surprise as to the skepticism toward it's title, expressed by so many in here. Look for "Saints Defenders in the Probowl"

I think Sharper has that probowl invite already. Today vs. the Dolphins against a relatively inexperienced QB I hope he gets another Pick6. At the rate he's going, if he continues with that, he's -- to me-- more than desrving of the player of the year on D.

Last edited:
If Sharper keeps up his pace, he's a shoo-in.

If Greer and porter keep up their pace, they could also make it on a list or 2.

With the amount of times the opposition is going to have to throw the ball the keep up, Sharper's tendency to squat on routes, his confidence in our corners allowing him to take more of those chances, and the general lack of QB talent we face this year, the answer is yes. It would take a record year in a major statistical category for someone to beat him out of the award this year. Tackles alone usually doesn't do it and I really don't see anyone having more ints than Sharper, so I'd say it comes down to one of the DE's who has played really well to start the year. But Sharper is the clear favorite.

Henne... habeus corpus

You've been served your papers lad.

The sentence is to be carried out today.

Jared Allen has everyone drooling over him, in large part because he gets lots of sacks based on the play of others around him.

If that personal foul hadn't stripped Darren of yet another pick6 he would be "front page news".

So far, I would say Darren Sharper is a front runner for DPOTY. There are still 11 games left, though.

Unless someone or something comes up HUGE in the next 11 weeks AND Sharper does little to nothing, then I can't imagine a world where he's not DPOY.

Unless someone or something comes up HUGE in the next 11 weeks AND Sharper does little to nothing, then I can't imagine a world where he's not DPOY.

I almost agree with this. If he would have gotten that pick6 last week, I would be in total agreement.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom