Sharper was not the first choice (1 Viewer)

mrodge1

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
Just think......D. Sharper was not even the first choice for safety for the Saints. They actually wanted this guy Sensabaugh who signed with the Cowboys. I doubt if we would have gotten this production from him. I also don't foresee where U. Young or C. Vaughn could do any better. I hope we resign Sharper for another 2 years. I also would like to see U. Young at SS. I think he could probably be more effective than Harper.

I know we've dismissed it, but I really do see Jenkins lining up at FS within the next few years.

agree with resigning Sharper and also agree on Usama at SS at least in certain packages i like Roman on blitzes he mite be our best blitzer on the whole team

Just think......D. Sharper was not even the first choice for safety for the Saints. They actually wanted this guy Sensabaugh who signed with the Cowboys. I doubt if we would have gotten this production from him. I also don't foresee where U. Young or C. Vaughn could do any better. I hope we resign Sharper for another 2 years. I also would like to see U. Young at SS. I think he could probably be more effective than Harper.

chip's hands aren't very good but i think that his range might be the best on the team when you combine hitting ability with how much ground you can cover. usama can't hang in there with the running backs and tightends he's listed at maybe 10lbs lighter than harper but looks lighter than that on film.

he'd get tossed around like tissue at SS. harper has more of the build for SS.

i wanted to draft a safety by the name of chris clemmons this year to play SS but the dolphins grabbed him in the 5th.

I know we've dismissed it, but I really do see Jenkins lining up at FS within the next few years.

jenkins is a corner. he's alot like quinten jammer for san Diego, but he's a corner.

we already have two free safeties behind sharper at the moment and i cant lie. i wasnt all ra-ra about the sharper signing either. who could've guessed that he would go all Eugene robinson/rodney harrison for us at 33-34yrs of age?

I think that the only reasons why Sensabaugh was sought before Sharper were age and familiarity. It certainly wasn't due to past achievement or skills. I won't dismiss the notion of Young at SS but I'd say that if he was evaluated as being better at that position than Harper then he would already be playing there. I think that the front office will take Sharper on a year-by-year basis due to his age. He may think about retiring after getting his ring this season. Tying or passing Ronnie Lott on the interceptions list and getting a superbowl ring would be a great way to end a career.

Harper and Usama are both 200 lbs Harper is just an inch taller they are both the same size roughly Usama is definitely big enough to play either safety position as alot of safeties in the league arent even 200 lbs. Hell a guy on our team in prileau is only 190 or so but he plays both safety spots

Can we leave Harper alone for a while he is our second leading tackler. He makes up for his lack of pass coverage with his excellent run coverage. Once Usama Comes around i am sure we will start seeing him in alot with Sharper on passing downs or when teams are passing alot because they are trailing by a few TDs.

chip's hands aren't very good but i think that his range might be the best on the team when you combine hitting ability with how much ground you can cover. usama can't hang in there with the running backs and tightends he's listed at maybe 10lbs lighter than harper but looks lighter than that on film.

he'd get tossed around like tissue at SS. harper has more of the build for SS.

i wanted to draft a safety by the name of chris clemmons this year to play SS but the dolphins grabbed him in the 5th.

Young was a big corner and is a average size safety. I dont see him having a problem.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom