Sharper's tweet on TPorter (1 Viewer)

I get the love for Tracy Porter for what he's done in the past. But he had a Horrible year in 2010 and was burned constantly....not to mention and one of the worst tackling CBs in the league. Exactly what we don't need on this pathetic Defense. He's Patrick Robinson without the ability to tackle.

Our corners get way too much blame for last season. They were man corners playing zone with no pass rush. I'll take Porter back in a heart beat and take my jersey out of the closet.

Bring him in when visits start and kick the tires. Rob Ryan likes athletic corners. This could happen.

We know what this kid can do if he has support from the front 7.

I get the love for Tracy Porter for what he's done in the past. But he had a Horrible year in 2010 and was burned constantly....not to mention and one of the worst tackling CBs in the league. Exactly what we don't need on this pathetic Defense. He's Patrick Robinson without the ability to tackle.

He was injured all year.

I wonder if this type of preliminary conversation between Porter and the Saints has anything to do with Patrick's unceremonious and immediate departure. I won't try to rank the Porter, Greer, Robinson pantheon, but Porter is definitely better than White. He'd be a great Nickle CB. I actually like Mack better than White, but that's another conversation.

We really haven't a great-type CB since Mckenzie.

Bring him in on a cheap 1 year deal.
Start Robinson and Greer outside.
Put Malcolm Jenkins as a nickel/FS hybrid.
Tracy Porter/Elbert Mack combo at dime.

Porter knows the organization and is one of the most well known Saints of all time.
What could it hurt?
Certainly better than starting Corey White again...hopefully he moves to safety

We really haven't a great-type CB since Mckenzie.

the one player i really liked before he started getting injury plagued, was randall gay. he was good MAN corner and he took some chances, but i liked his fiery style of play. he would have been great, even if as depth in ryan's scheme.

predator played good for us and he pulled DEEP from the well for us when we brought him back to help due to injuries.

There are better FA options than Tracy. He was great in 2009, now he is just an injury-prone CB that cant tackle.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom