Shawn Springs as a FA pickup? (1 Viewer)

Purple Haze

Taste it. You'll love it.
Reaction score
Anyone think that would be a good medium-priced addition? He's basically alluding to the fact on local radio around here that he won't be back.

REALCHRISM

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
No, I do not want him. He's oft-injured and I think it is time to get younger at the position. We need a serious injection of young talent, not retreads.

LSSpam

Practice Squad
Reaction score
No, I do not want him. He's oft-injured and I think it is time to get younger at the position. We need a serious injection of young talent, not retreads.
As a stop-gap for a recovering McKenzie though it wouldn't be the worst idea on the planet. Unfourtantly, of course, about when we would be gauging McKenzie's recovery and potentially looking for veteran alternatives (July and August), Springs will likely already be off the market.

OP
OP
Purple Haze

Purple Haze

Taste it. You'll love it.
Reaction score
As a stop-gap for a recovering McKenzie though it wouldn't be the worst idea on the planet. Unfourtantly, of course, about when we would be gauging McKenzie's recovery and potentially looking for veteran alternatives (July and August), Springs will likely already be off the market.
True that, didn't think about that.

'79 Saints

Reaction score
Springs would be an upgrade over, say Thomas, Craft or David. He's not the premier cover corner he once was, but as a guy who can fill in until McKenzie is ready or on the other side so we don't have to throw a rookie (as an example) into the fire right away.

He's worth considering.

eels

Reaction score
Yeah he's a guy I could see as a really top notch nickel back and occasional starter. He probably still has the talent to start (definitely on our team) but he just can't stay healthy. Probably a fall back option if we don't get one of the big names.

d3vanj

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Springs and Florence would make me feel much more comfortable when teams go deep on us, because both are decent cover guys

syracuse saint

Hall-of-Famer
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
How could anyone who watched Jason David cost us at least 2 games say no to Springs?

That is like a guy with no car saying no to someone giving him a new car, because he doesn't like the rims!

Definite upgrade and would be serviceable alongside MM. This move would make us one safety away from giving us a solid secondary.

Bishop

shuffle-by Poster
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I think Springs would be ideal. He could start opposite M&M when he returns, and our rookie could have some experience by then. Two new CBs would be nice.

gregh

The Real Deal
Reaction score
that's why they shouldn't wait. i hope day one of FA they pull the trigger on atleast 2 defensive guys. i dont care what positions. be agressive. prove that you have the want to change the team where it needs to be changed

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
RaginSaint93 Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 15
Lustmord Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 21

Headlines

Top Bottom