Shawshank Redemption... (1 Viewer)

?

• Um..Yeah.

Votes: 112 63.6%
  • NO! It didn't even beat out Forest Gump for the Oscar in 95 you moron!!!

Votes: 64 36.4%

• Total voters
Was this a movie?
Is it foreign or something?
Does it not have Steve Buscemi or one of the Baldwins? Cause if not, then its just not American.

It was good.

#2 all time according to www.IMDB.com, with the most votes of any other movie, and really tied with The Godfather for #1.....http://www.imdb.com/chart/top?tt0111161

Really surprising. Thanks for the links.

I just don't see it as one of the all-time greats. Like the poll indicated, Gump won best picture that year, and I'd consider Gump a superior movie as well. But like I stated, all lists are subjective, and to each his own. Great flick, but greatest ever? Not to me.

To even pick a "greatest movie ever" is a daunting task IMHO, and it'd really depend on your taste/age. Breaking it down by genre would probably be the way to go.

Like:

Greatest Anime: Akira

Greatest Sci Fi: BladeRunner

Greatest Horror: Jaws (?)

Greatest Comedy: tough one.....suggestions welcome

you get the idea

I dig on Tom Hanks, but Forrest Gump was not that good of a movie. Shawshank is a much better movie. Defiantly one of the best IMHO

great film......not the best ever.....close........but it's no fight club

pui

and stuff

It's one of those movies I watch again and again. It's solid. No, not the best of all time, if there is such a thing.

SaintAkira asks about comedy? Blazing Saddles (uncut)...Caddy Shack...Young Frankenstien...Airplane!...Scary Movie...

I really like this movie a lot and could watch it more than once unlike most movies, with that being said Its not the greatest ever but its up there on my top 20 list of all time

It's about the 3rd best movie of all time, IMO-- exceeded only by Pulp Fiction (2) and Jerry Maguire (1). On second thought, it might be tied with PF for #2-- yes, it's that good.

To compare Shawshank and Forrest Gump is like apples and oranges, no?

I definitely think Shawshank should be at least top 20 in most people's list, but so should Forrest Gump.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom