Shawshank Redemption... (1 Viewer)

?

• Um..Yeah.

Votes: 112 63.6%
  • NO! It didn't even beat out Forest Gump for the Oscar in 95 you moron!!!

Votes: 64 36.4%

• Total voters
Shawshank was a great movie but I have a hard time rating them; depends on what mode I'm in. I have enjoyed watching Gump often.....as well as Sling Blade.

Great movie. I would say def top ten. I love Forrest Gump too. My top 3 in no paticular order are:

Braveheart
The Patriot
Rudy

it's probably the best film adaptation of a stephen king story......that and "stand by me"

It's about the 3rd best movie of all time, IMO-- exceeded only by Pulp Fiction (2) and Jerry Maguire (1). On second thought, it might be tied with PF for #2-- yes, it's that good.

Jerry Maguire? Really?

it's probably the best film adaptation of a stephen king story......that and "stand by me"

Agreed, both are excellent. The Green Mile is up there too.

Green Mile:

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/uDybmxbKf4Y&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/uDybmxbKf4Y&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Stand By Me:

<object height="355" width="425">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/FUVnfaA-kpI&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" height="355" width="425"></object>

Last edited:
...but Forrest Gump was not that good of a movie. Shawshank is a much better movie. Defiantly one of the best IMHO

I agree. Never really got the "Forest Gump" vibe. It was well made, but not the greatest of stories. And several things (like the 'have a nice day' invention) were just kinda hokey...

I voted yes because there weren't other options, it's certainly top 10, probably #2 or 3 in my book and from a pure filmmaking perspective top 5

One of my most favorite movies of all time. There are only a few movies that I will sit down to watch whenever it is on TV and this is one of them.

Jerry Maguire? Really?

Yeah, really. I just think it's the perfect movie-- it's got sports, romance, comedy, drama (along with just the right amount of heart)-- and does them all equally well. Cruise IMO does an incredible job of showing this guy going through a crisis, Gooding Jr. is perfect as the Rod, Bonnie Hunt as the sister, Jay Mohr as the sleazeball agent 'Sugar'- hell, even the goldfish 'Flipper' does a superb job... Cameron Crowe's script and direction, Janusz Kaminski's cinematography, every acting part, and every element of the film in general IMO-- is perfect; I just can't find a flaw, and I've probably watched it close to 100 times. This film speaks to me on different levels as I go though life; when I first saw it I liked the football and the comedy-- now, I relate to the guy's struggle to maintain his spirit and optimism in a world full of cynical corporate drones... "I love my life; I love my wife-- and I wish you my kind of success." Movies just don't get any better than "Jerry Maguire", IMO.

Last edited:
jerry maguire is terrible

to even mention it in the same sentence as pulp fiction is blasphemy

I loved shawshank. The color purple is the best movie ever btw. Should have won best picture at the oscars. Posers.

Some people just don't like their peas and mashed potatoes to touch.

i like my peas mixed with my mashed taters and gravy.....:hihi:

mr blue sky,

i have seen it at least twice.....i just don't care for it

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom