She-Hulk: Attorney at Law (1 Viewer)

I enjoyed the Runaways as well, but I just couldn't get into Cloak and Dagger even with it being set in NOLA.... I'm proud to admit that I didn't even try to watch the Inhumans lol...
The main chick's "mother" was in Rescue Me as Denis Leary's wife. She's cool. I can see how the show didn't work for others but again, I liked it. Had The Runaways been renewed for one more year, I would've started to watch it solely because of Elizabeth Hurley. Top 5 woman for me and I mean right now, not peak.

Don't bother with the Runaways. It was brutally terrible. The actors were awful, even James Marsters, of whom I'm generally a fan. The first season was very bad, but the succeeding seasons were even worse than Inhumans. It increasingly made no sense with characters constantly acting out of character so the writers could force the plot to go the way they wanted it and still keep the whole cast together even though it didn't make sense. I think I only watched all of it because it was during the lockdown and I had nothing else to do.
I never watched Cloak and Dagger merely because they had appeared in Runaways, so I assumed that show would be just as bad.
Well, I disagree about Runaways, the last season did jump the shark a bit, but the first and second were decent enough in my book. But I can see why some people wouldn't like it.

The main chick's "mother" was in Rescue Me as Denis Leary's wife. She's cool. I can see how the show didn't work for others but again, I liked it. Had The Runaways been renewed for one more year, I would've started to watch it solely because of Elizabeth Hurley. Top 5 woman for me and I mean right now, not peak.
Well, Runaways is 3 seasons. Knowing your viewing preferences, I think you'd like it. But I wouldn't call it a must watch either.

If you do end up watching, curious to hear your take.

I finished it. It was like pushing through a really bad novel just to say you finished it. Honestly, that show only got worse as it went.

Also, Feige did have the authority to dump Inhumans from the planned films onto the TV side. Whether there was already a script or not when he did that, I don't know, but it turned out to be the right decision, like nearly other one he's made.

Still, I disagree about She-Hulk. While I won't rate it among the top of Marvel Studio's output, I thought it was a perfect representation of the She Hulk comic and well worth the watch.
You probably didn't like it because you didn't know what to expect. I did, and enjoyed the tongue in cheek nature and Marvel making fun of itself, which again, was a perfect representation of the comic, IMHO.
I loved it

I thought it was really good but I also thought I was almost alone and I'm already known for liking practically everything I watch so I down played it.
I worked in retail with a guy long ago who saw positives in every movie. He always saw something redeeming to build on. He particularly loved horror.

Found out he left his fairly secure job when his son graduated HS, so he could find more flexable work... and pursue his passion.

He is no blockbuster writer/director... but he has won some small independant film awards.

Jason Pitts

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom