Shea Patterson (1 Viewer)

David Robbins

Ole Miss Rocks!
Reaction score
Haven't seen anything on him in quite a while. He was a highly touted recruit coming out of High School and signed with the REbels. Then, after the Hugh Freeze debacle, he left to go to Michagan. What would be the chance he goes undrafted? I haven't heard much talk about him for over a month. Then, they were saying he could go sometime around round 5 to undrafted. He has the talent, but never really got to develope it in college. What do ya'll think?

Practice squad candidate

He just never developed how everyone thought he would. Talented for sure, but he has a lot to work on.

He appears to have the tools, but never could put it all together. If Taysom Hill is truly our QB of the future, Patterson would be a good backup to keep running the same style offense if hill were to go down

I don’t think he will go undrafted, but I wouldn’t be mad at getting him in the 7th if there is no one better at a need position

He will be a late round pick if not and UDFA. Not because of lack of talent because he put up record numbers at Michigan (Michigan has been a 3 yard and a cloud of dust offense for decades) so with the new offense it opened things up and he was able to put up yards but in a still evolving offense (2 coordinators in his two years at Michigan) he was never able to settle in and display his talents as he and his teammates seemed to be always learning a new system as Harbaugh has been evolving to the college game since his arrival at Michigan.

Haven't seen anything on him in quite a while. He was a highly touted recruit coming out of High School and signed with the REbels. Then, after the Hugh Freeze debacle, he left to go to Michagan. What would be the chance he goes undrafted? I haven't heard much talk about him for over a month. Then, they were saying he could go sometime around round 5 to undrafted. He has the talent, but never really got to develope it in college. What do ya'll think?
I think there is a very good chance he goes undrafted. He is streaky at best and usually came up small in big game.

At Ole Miss, Patterson got to throw to guys like AJ Brown, DK Metcalf, Demarkus Lodge, Van Jefferson, Evan Engram and Octavius Cooley. He was still erratic and often made bad decisions. He has a big arm and could run well, but in the NFL, he is what you'll get if you are too focused on "arm talent." Strictly going on his talent, you could see him getting drafted or signed as an UDFA for the practice squad. I don't think I want him on the Saints though.

There is a lot that I really like about Shea, but he's too inaccurate to expect much of a career as an NFL QB. His arm isn't much stronger than Fromm's, so that's two big strikes. I'm sure he's going to find his way on a practice squad initially. In the unlikely event he improves his accuracy and arm strength, he would be a solid backup somewhere.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom