Shefter, on cowboys loving McFadden? (1 Viewer)

Trade Rumor One
Cowboys get:
DeAngelo Hall
#3 pick (Basically means McFadden)
2 second round picks (6th and 17th I believe)

ATL gets:
Marion Barber
Anthony Henry
Akin Ayodele
Our two first round picks (22nd and 28th)
---------------

Here is the other rumor trade with ATL from the other thread on PSD (Not from NFL network)

Trade Rumor Two
Cowboys get:
DeAngelo Hall
#3 Pick (Basically means McFadden)

ATL gets:
Our two first round picks
Second round pick
Next years first round pick

The second one seems plausible, the first would make ATL. look rediculous.

Trade Rumor One
Cowboys get:
DeAngelo Hall
#3 pick (Basically means McFadden)
2 second round picks (6th and 17th I believe)

ATL gets:
Marion Barber
Anthony Henry
Akin Ayodele
Our two first round picks (22nd and 28th)
---------------

Here is the other rumor trade with ATL from the other thread on PSD (Not from NFL network)

Trade Rumor Two
Cowboys get:
DeAngelo Hall
#3 Pick (Basically means McFadden)

ATL gets:
Our two first round picks
Second round pick
Next years first round pick
That first "rumor" is a joke right? No one in their right mind would think that was realistic.

That first "rumor" is a joke right? No one in their right mind would think that was realistic.

the first one is a whooooole lot more realistic than the second...if that happens, man, liquor stores will be happy cause dallas fans are gonna need somethin to help em cope with that trade..

Jerry Jones is a cagey man.....Trading away Barber is not a bad idea. How long can a running back with his style of running last in this league? Marion Barbers biggest weapon is his physical running style. He dosen't posses break away speed, ankle breaking moves, and the only time he goes out of bounds is to let the defense on the field. The only questionable part in all this is giving up 2 first round choices, but I do hope this happens! Anything to keep Dmc out of Atl.

Jerry Jones is a cagey man.....Trading away Barber is not a bad idea. How long can a running back with his style of running last in this league? Marion Barbers biggest weapon is his physical running style. He dosen't posses break away speed, ankle breaking moves, and the only time he goes out of bounds is to let the defense on the field. The only questionable part in all this is giving up 2 first round choices, but I do hope this happens! Anything to keep Dmc out of Atl.

just draft a chris johnson (unlikely after today), ray rice, or tashard choice in the 2nd round...

Jerry Jones is a Razorback. He knows just how special McFadden is going to be.

Jerry Jones is a razorback so he gives undue credit to razorback players. I am in Arkansas so I know Mcfadden is special, but no player is THAT good. Jerry is forgetting that Arkansas HAD one of the best lines in the SEC.

Kris

When your Arkansas class ring is situated in between 3 Super Bowl rings, it affects it a lot. ;)

When you are vain enough to fire the coach who got you two, sort of, three of those rings that shows a lot. Jimmy Johnson won two super bowls while he was there and his team managed to win one while Swizzler was there.

Kris

I don't think Atlanta would pick McFadden even if they didn't trade. They are a franchise that is very image-concious at this point and they are doing everything in their power to change the culture over there. McFadden has a couple of off-the-field issues that may make him undraftable on Atlanta's draft board as minor as those issues are.

Also, Atlanta does not have a starting caliber quarterback on their roster and there aren't any significant QBs that will be available in free agency. I think they draft Matt Ryan.

Well I'll say one thing for McFadden, he's suddenly made the draft come alive!!!!!
If he's as good as people think he's going to be it's going to be great to watch because if defences try the anti-Peterson tactic of lining up eight men on the line and choking the running lanes, Mac can throw a 50-yard bomb downfield for a touchdown.

I don;t want to see him in Atlanta that's for sure.

I don't think Atlanta would pick McFadden even if they didn't trade. They are a franchise that is very image-concious at this point and they are doing everything in their power to change the culture over there. McFadden has a couple of off-the-field issues that may make him undraftable on Atlanta's draft board as minor as those issues are.

Also, Atlanta does not have a starting caliber quarterback on their roster and there aren't any significant QBs that will be available in free agency. I think they draft Matt Ryan.
excellent post, one in which I agree with 100%. Besides, it's not like anyone expected McFadden to run a 4.7. From a football standpoint, it won't matter who the Falcons pick if they don't address their O-line weaknesses.

Well I'll say one thing for McFadden, he's suddenly made the draft come alive!!!!!
If he's as good as people think he's going to be it's going to be great to watch because if defences try the anti-Peterson tactic of lining up eight men on the line and choking the running lanes, Mac can throw a 50-yard bomb downfield for a touchdown.

I don;t want to see him in Atlanta that's for sure.

You mean Atlanta would line up -- at QB -- a RB who can occasionally throw the ball? That would be different...

Especially for them...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom