Shefter, on cowboys loving McFadden? (1 Viewer)

guillermo

Visible minority
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Did I hear right?

Cowboys offering their two first rounders, 3 current players on the roster plus the rights of Marion Barber to get the first overall pick.

If I can speculate, I would beleive the players can be Sedrick Ellis, Bobby Carpenter and Brady James (my speculation, not Shefter's).

This is an interesting story to follow in the next days....

Did I hear right?

Cowboys offering their two first rounders, 3 current players on the roster plus the rights of Marion Barber to get the first overall pick.

If I can speculate, I would beleive the players can be Sedrick Ellis, Bobby Carpenter and Brady James (my speculation, not Shefter's).

I would love for them to give all of that up to get DM. I really hope he doesnt land in Atlanta.

Did I hear right?

That's sort of the thought process I heard on NFLN, although not in that detail...just that Jerry Jones was there, and is drooling over the thought of drafting McFadden. I wouldn't be surprised to see Dallas pull the trigger on a major deal to get McFadden, especially considering that Miami is open to trading away that pick.

If the Cowboys do this they are offically the dumbest team in the history of the game...yes worse then what we gave up for Ricky.

Marion Barber is a beast. McFadden will be lucky to play like that guy.

Did I hear right?

You mean Greg Ellis.

Oh please make this trade. It's a win-win for us. Either the Cowboys get McFadden and he becomes an animal for them, keeping him away from the Falcons or McFadden is a bust or turns out to be very average and the Cowboys set their franchise back a few years. Do it Jerry.

You mean Greg Ellis.

Duh, that's what happens when your rush to type while a 3 year old girl is jumping all over you....

I think Parcells can go to bed tonight with a smile in his face is this is done.

BTW, my speculation on these as the 3 players comes on some speculation of Ellis being shopped around, Carpenter was at the end a Parcells' pick, and Brady James may be benched with the signature of Zach Thomas yesterday.

I know you shouldn't evaluate this trade considering where this cowboys players were drafted, but if I'm not mistaken, both Ellis and Carpenter were first rounders and James a third a think. That is 4 first rounders a third and Marion Barber for McFadden. Wow!

Last edited:
Earlier they said that jerry Jones was offering their 2 # 1s, an additional pick (undisclosed), and Marion barber. PLEASE make that deal...Get barber out of Dallas please!

You know what we be great? If one of those players that they trade off would be Zach Thomas. Zach Thomas gets traded to the Lions or some team that he hates.

Marion Barber has averaged 4.8 yards a carry the past two years and is an excellent reciever also. Hes also a stout blocker.

What does Jerry think McFadden is gonna do so much better then Barber? Cure Cancer or something? The difference between McFadden and Barber doesn't equal two first rounders, three players, and the rights to Barber.

And imagine if McFadden turns out to be a bust...it would probably go down as the worst trade ever.

Wow, that's alot for any player..

You know what we be great? If one of those players that they trade off would be Zach Thomas. Zach Thomas gets traded to the Lions or some team that he hates.
Why would the Dolphins want Zach when they just cut him, and he signed with the Cowboys?:dunno: I would think that they might ask for younger players.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom