Sheldon Brown fined $10,000 for mask (1 Viewer)

Seriously, has Goodell forgot that the NFL is an enterprise of entertainment???? Terrible, terrible precedent. The fines and punishments for these sort of things are completely subjective. Personally, I like it when players and teams show personality.

A terrible precedent ? So where do you suggest that the NFL draw the line ? They needed to act quickly and put a heavy $$ number on the fine, or it could get totally out of control - like someone else said, this in the NFL, not "pro" wrestling.

If you would have won, you might be able to justify it.

But you LOST! AND you're out 10 grand! LOL Horrible week for Sheldon.

A terrible precedent ? So where do you suggest that the NFL draw the line ? They needed to act quickly and put a heavy $$ number on the fine, or it could get totally out of control - like someone else said, this in the NFL, not "pro" wrestling.

I respectfully disagree.

I'd be very dissapointed if all players had to act like complete automatons after any exciting play. Therefore, I dislike this particular direction that the NFL is moving in.

Now taunting another player - that's a different story altogether. Long winded celebrations in-game that the delay the game, that's also another issue. Those are 2 defined points that the line can be drawn at.

I see no problem with creative pre-game celebrations. I don't see how they could interfere with the "sanctity" of the actual football game.

I respectfully disagree.

I see no problem with creative pre-game celebrations. I don't see how they could interfere with the "sanctity" of the actual football game.

Fair enough. But I ask again, where do you draw the line (and I'm talking about pregame intro "props", not "celebrations") ? Do they allow masks but no costumes ? Do they allow players to put some kind of smoke generator under their helmet but not allow someone to breathe fire ? Do they allow someone to zip-line in from the upper deck but ban a player from parachuting in ? Obviously I'm overly exaggerating, but I can see why the NFL came down hard here - they are ok with things like Ray Lewis' Gladiator entrance, but they've always been strict when it comes to anything deviating from the team uniform.

He should've been fined for holding Henderson so many times...

He's a grown man not a kid, he knows the rules before he stepped out on the field that he was going to get fined. If he didn't understand that then he needs to get a refund from college!

If he was trying to live up to B. Dawkins' pregame intro then he and his wallet failed miserably. It's funny how Brown has publicly lobbied for a new contract because he's supposedly underpaid, yet he's willing to do something like this for which he probably knew he was going to get fined for.

what are you people complaining about... the rules are rules. 10k is the norm for these things.

The guy from Houston(i believe) got a 25k fine for writing a message on his shoes.

Just because its a rule, doesn't mean I have to agree with it. I watch sports to be entertained. Showmanship is apart of that.

these men make millions. They are given rules to follow. They get fined a MEASLEY 10k, which is probably equal to 10 plays.

If you break the rules at your job, you get written up OR fired. Rules are NOT meant to be broken.

rofl, the NFL has very strict uniform rules, and props are part of it. I think he deserved it, besides that fact 10,000.00 to him is prolly like 5 bucks to us.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom