Sheldon Brown fined $10,000 for mask (1 Viewer)

SaintlyAgenda

Cam Jordan Fan Club
Reaction score
On Sunday against the Saints, Eagles cornerback Sheldon Brown ran out of the tunnel wearing an old-school goalie mask from the Friday The 13th series of slasher flicks.

And it'll cost him more than he likely will ever spend on tickets for movies over the course of his entire life.

I don't know how you guys feel about this but I think $10,000 is way to steep. I understand rules are rules but COME ON! Are you kidding......$10,000???

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/09/25/jason-mask-costs-sheldon-brown-10000/

its utterly and completely stupid.

football is supposed to be a game, and players are supposed to fire up the crowds.

Well I think it needs to be steep. If he doesn't make an example of him, it may become Holloween every Sunday with several players and where does it end unless you hit them in the pocket.

$10,000?! Wow! The guy looked like an idiot doing it, but $10,000?

48-22 in front of the home crowd is punishment enough, IMO.

The NFL doesn't want to become pro wrestling.

Well I think it needs to be steep. If he doesn't make an example of him, it may become Holloween every Sunday with several players and where does it end unless you hit them in the pocket.

That's a very good point Mackenzie. This is why I love this forum. You get all points of view here. Thanks for the input. :9:

I think wearing that goofy looking mask and then getting trounced afterwards should have been punishment enough for Sheldon Brown.

Seriously, has Goodell forgot that the NFL is an enterprise of entertainment???? Terrible, terrible precedent. The fines and punishments for these sort of things are completely subjective. Personally, I like it when players and teams show personality.

I thought it was hilarious!! I'm sure he knew he would be fine so it's probably not a big deal to him.

He should have worn it when he played. Maybe he would have done better.

Pretty funny considering one of the announcers said something to the extent of "That could be a $10,000 mask" :rofl:

Or was it $20,000, can't remember.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom